Hopeless Romantics We Are

We are a lovey-dovey couple!

"Wow. This movie is not even remotely scary." Rudhra said. It was, quite true, for the random noises he made, to scare me were a lot scarier than the entire movie combined. We were watching Annabelle- The Movie, at my house.

"Yep." I agreed.

"My mother is lot scarier when she gets angry." He said, and I nodded.

"Or when you randomly open the internet explorer by mistake." I said.

"Yes, yes." He agreed.

"So, Rudhra, have you ever experienced something paranormal?" I asked him.

"As a matter of fact, yes. One night, I was walking down the hallway when I saw the silhouette of a really scary person. She was floating in the air, not walking. Her eyes were red like a demon, and her neck was as long as a cricket bat."

"Eh? Really?"

"Yes. She also had long hair, about this length." He continued, pointing to my long hair.

"Oh, let me guess, she punched your face with the cactus plant?" I said.

"Yep, totally deflated it. I bruised like a ripe mango. Fortunately, my face heals very fast." He said.

"You have a lot of confidence for someone who looks like that goblin from Harry Potter." I said, and resumed to eat my popcorn.

"You have no idea about how lucky you are. The other day, the ladies in my modelling agency, named me 'the most handsome' of all models." He said proudly, his chin up, and nose quite high up in the air. The balloon needed to be deflated.

"How nice. They definitely won't be naming you 'the most intelligent.' Someone like you would be very happy and content with such compliments."

"Ha ha. Oh, hey! Did Annabelle come out of the screen? Oh, it's just you. I was really startled there, for a second." He said, and gave an annoying grin.

Devil couldn't be everywhere, so he created Rudhra.

.....

Meera, my friend, called me that day. "Did you see the group's messages?"

"No why?"

"Shiva and Amanya have summoned everyone for an outing at the beach. I think they're going to announce something. Anyway , they've promised us lunch. Shall we go?" She asked me. Shiva and Amanya were our friends who were also a couple. Normally I don't like such gatherings but the prospect of free food enticed me.

"Okay! I'll bring Rudhra too." I said.

"Do you have to?" She asked me.

Her reaction was understandable because he'd never fulfilled his promise of introducing a nice guy to her. She was never going to forgive him for that. When I had asked him about it, he'd said 'she's crazy, and I never said such a thing', and that settled it.

"Rudhra, I am going to the beach for a friends' gathering. Want to come?" I asked him. He was watching TV. He never went to his house, he loitered about my apartment like he owned the place.

"Now?"

"Yes, I promise you free snacks." I said, and he got up immediately. We went on the bus and were greeted by Meera at the beach. "Just why have they summoned us here?" She wondered, murmuring  aloud everyone's thoughts.

Amanya and Shiva beamed, and it was obvious what the announcement was going to be. However they suggested that we eat snacks until everyone arrived, and none of us complained.