In love With A Stupid Guy

It was an awesome morning with a cool weather until my mom called to say that the family was visiting me. "Huh, everyone, mom?" I asked her.

"Everyone. Your sister, the kids, your brother -in-law, his parents, us, everyone." She said.

A sudden surge of panic spread through me. "Mom, you didn't want the trouble of cooking for everyone so you simply invited everyone as you pleased?" I asked her.

"Huh? What? I can't hear anything." She said, and cut the call. Evil mother.

I was supposed to be enjoying a break from work, but then I met Rudhra, and now this. Life really was unpredictable.

I crossed the hallway and knocked on his door. He looked surprised that I'd visit him, instead of the reverse, for a change. Like anyone would want to go to his shabby mess of a house.

"What?" He quizzed. He was so nice and kind.

"Don't come to my house for the entire day today. Promise?"

"Why?"

"My family is visiting. It won't do, you lounging around."

"Fine." He said, and closed the door. His fine wasn't satisfactory at all. I'll bet a thousand rupees that he was thinking of ways to jeopardise it.

Having no other choice but to cook an extravagant dinner, I slaved the entire day for the preparation of a delicious(according to my opinion) array of dishes. No sooner had the clock struck twelve, the entire lot of them were already at my house. "How do you do?" Akash, my brother in law's brother asked me, though ever since that dumpling incident, there was an awkward situation between the both of us. "Fine." I nodded.

"Wow, you've really outdone yourself, Sams." My brother in law's mother beamed.

"Haha. I love cooking, so no problem." I said.

"Now that she's really free nowadays, she's pursuing her hobbies." My sister said. Even if we were a hundred years old, the drama between us would never end. 'After all these years?' 'Always.'

"Yes. Please eat to your heart's content and fill your empty heart." I whispered to her, for it wasn't graceful to banter in front of everyone. More like she'd kill me in return.

There was knock on the door. Oh god please. I hoped it wasn't who I thought it would be. Please, please.

"Let me get it." My father said, and proceeded to open the door. The devil stood with a solemn look on his face. "Excuse me, sir. I live next door, and I seem to have lost my keys. My aunt will be here soon. Can I get a glass of water, in the meanwhile?"

"Sure, son. Please come in." My father beamed, for he loved playing host.

No. No. No. The devil was using the same tactic that he'd used on me, on my family too. It was so mortifying. I knew this guy was up to nothing. It would take only a minute for Rudhra to unleash his devil ways to jeopardise the dinner. His eyes shined like stars when he saw me, challenging me to make him go away for he knew that I couldn't make him, now that my sister's family was also there.

He let himself in, and my sister gave me a wink. This was the first time she was seeing him, in person. I'd only sent her pics "Please, please come in." She said, with a wide smile.

He stopped when he saw Akash. "Oh. You're Sams' brother, right?"

That's how in a single sentence he completely attacked my former shell of a crush, quite extinguishing him in the process. Simultaneously, he also destroyed possible dreams of matchmaking between Akash and I, conjured up by his mother.