Chapter 13

Chapter 13
---------------

Montana
Lockbourne Territory
4 AM

The two guards carefully studied the surroundings, their alpha wanted the patrol to be vigilant, not that someone would dare to enter the alpha territory. They housed above two hundred wolves here, surrounding the alpha house and any infiltration attempt would be a suicide mission. The humans never ventured in. There were clear marking of private property from the road leading to this housing and it was well protected by fences. Even then they stayed vigilant and looked out, their wolf form helped in seeing through the night clearly to detect any threat.

Suddenly they heard a noise and their ears perked and their eyes narrowed. They tried to peer through the fence for any danger and a sudden gust of wind blew over them. The noise became loud and closer and suddenly it appeared over them. 

Over them? They looked at each other confused but looked up.

They saw a black silhouette in the air. 

Where the hell had that come from they wondered? 

And before they could make out what the hell it was, something pierced their skin, causing a sharp pain, their eyes widened in alarm and before they could signal for help using their mind link they fell drowsy and collapsed. 

As the wolves collapsed, ten men quickly rappelled down a rope in to the Lockbourne land. Once the men were on the ground the chopper quickly flew away, for now they were on their own. The men were in full combat gear and few of them had special modified guns for today's mission. Their task was to extract an alpha from his lands, from his home. Definitely not a walk in the park!

They knew where his house was, they had studied the map extensively. So in the cover of the night the men slowly walked in the shadows to reach the alpha house. They were to breach the house from the kitchen door, which led to a large back yard which overlooked the forest.

They reached the outside of the door and waited, till not they had no trouble. Now they had to carefully open the door without a lot of noise. One of the soldiers checked for any alarms of any kind. That would add to their headache, luckily there were none. Werewolves rarely got robbed and they banded together in well protected communities so alarms of any kind were redundant in nature.

As expected there were none.

One of the soldiers gently twisted the knob, it was locked. He stopped and signaled someone to come over.

One guy moved forward as others pressed themselves to either side of the door trying to blend in.

The soldier came forward and inserted something in to the keyhole and fiddled with the lock for a minute until it snapped open.

The men, in a single file entered the house. They had to go to the first floor, this was where the master bedroom was. Slowly one after the other four of them took the stairs while the rest stood guard on the ground floor.

As the lead soldier climbed slowly he set one foot on a step and the wood creaked loudly. Everyone froze in their spot, they could not afford any mistakes. They waited for a few seconds and nothing happened, taking an internal sigh of relief they climbed up the rest of the steps, everyone else  avoided that step.

As they moved up to the first floor they looked at the hallway and froze.

What the actual fuck?

Their intelligence told them that the master bedroom was at the end of the hallway. Now there were two doors at the end of the hallway.

Fuck!