Chapter 34

Chapter 34
--------------

Night had crept in, but there was furor of activity in Nick's pack, men gearing up for war, confidence oozed in the air. Five hundred Roma soldiers washed away the despair, now they had more of a fighting chance.

The Roma soldiers wasted no time in leaping on to the weapons, massive guns with specially modified bullets, night scopes, grenades specially modified to confuse the wolf snout and irritate it, IR guided RPG's, the weapons were plenty and promised the bloodshed they were designed for.

Twenty-five of their best men were separated and armed to the teeth and then formed a parameter around Roma, to get to her you had to go through hell.

Alex checked all the electronics in place. He would know if a bear farted in a fifty-mile radius of the pack house. IR and laser sensors had been put in to place, he thanked god that most of the parameter security had been in place long before so he did not have to do it from scratch, just enhance it.

Even Nick's wolves were confidently holding their weapons, commanding officers were barking orders to their respective units rushing them in to positions, they did not have much time the enemy was approaching and the enemy was hurt and enraged, therefore dangerous.

Alex had been searching for Adrian for a while before he stumbled in to him in an isolated clearing, standing next to the calm river, looking in to the water but his mind a thousand miles away. He was fully geared up in his attire with guns hanging by his side.

Alex walked up to him and stood by his side, no words were spoken between them for a long time. Both of them enjoying the calm they would not experience for a while.

"You remember when Seb found us?" Adrian said, still looking in to the water.

Alex did not say anything, the memory leaped up to him.

"I thought that way we were goner" Adrian whispered, "Maxim had an apoplexy when he saw him dragging two pups in to the palace" Adrian's lip twitched upward at that memory. He remembered what Maxim had told Sebastian after giving him a long hard glare "You dragged them in and now you get to take care of them"

And he had, he had taught them how to look out for themselves, fight for themselves and become the strong soldiers they were today.

"And now he is gone" Adrian whispered, emotions laced in his voice "gone"

They both stayed in silence emotions raging inside them.

"How is she taking it?" Adrian asked after a long bout of silence. Adrian asked about Roma.

Alex thought about it "Honestly, I don't know, she is just repressing the whole thing, she barely shows any emotion, her voice her eyes.... it's really scare sometimes"

Adrian let out a deep breath "Alex, I am going to kill those bastards...I swear to you, I am going to kill every one of them." His body shook as emotions of overwhelming hate traveled through his body.

Alex gently put his hand on his twin's shoulder and said with absolute certainty "I know"

The two brothers stared in to the water in silence.

***

Nick walked up to Roma and fell in step next to her as she was wandering about the ranks of men.

"Roma, why don't you go back to the house, we will keep informing you the progress" Nick suggested.

Roma did not stop walking "No Alpha Nick, I will not cover in a house when our men go to kill, I will be there where it counts."