Chapter 26

Chapter 26
---------------

Roma came down to the living room in the afternoon, she had slept through the whole morning. She felt as if it's been a while since she slept this well.

She came down from her room suppressing a yawn and looked around in the living room, Alex was still passed out on the couch, deeply snoring. It looked he would not be going anywhere for a while. How much did he drink anyways?

Before she could think any further, she smelt delicious smell of food waffling out of the kitchen and her stomach rumbled in response. She quickly moved to the kitchen to see Sebastian busy at the stove.

"Good morning" he said busily stirring something "I made us some brunch" he said indicating the food on the table.

She walked over to the fridge and pulled out some juice, she went to the shelf and asked while pulling out a glass "you want some?" she asked.

"No, I am good" He responded putting the batter he was mixing on to a pan as it sizzled.

"Ok" She responded and plopped down on to a chair.

A moment later he presented her an omelet and some toasted bread. Evelyn was eying him weirdly.

He saw her look "What?" he asked.

"Nothing" She said shrugging and added "You are acting all domestic" she said.

"Yeah well, I gathered you and that sleeping beauty out there" he said indicating to the living room where Alex was passed out "could use some food and besides I was thinking and working helps me think."

"Uh-oh" Roma deadpanned. Plopping a crumb of bread in to her mouth.

"Funny...real funny" He said breaking a few eggs and pouring them on to a pan.

"So, how did the talk go" He asked, "What do you think of Lockbourne's granddaughter?"

Roma took a bite of the omelet and chewed slowly figuring out how to answer that one.

"She reminds me of me" She told him.

"Oh-Uh" Sebastian parroted her earlier expression.

"Jerk!" She threw a bread crumb at him which he easily dodged.

"But seriously, he hates werewolf politics more than I do. She wanted nothing to do with pack stuff that's why grandpa kept her out of it, giving in to her demands I guess." She added.

"So how will she deal with the whole mate thing?" He asked her, concern in his eyes for Alex.

Roma sighed "I kind of gave her an ultimatum...more of reality check of choices she had in front of her. I hope she makes the right choice." She hoped.

"Talking about choices" Sebastian said joining her at the table with his own plate "We need to make a few decisions really fast."

"Which are?" She asked.

"We need to be prepared when the American wolves come" He said.

"Will they come?" she asked, "What if we get the girl on our side." She hoped.

"They will come, oh they will, be sure of it" He said with certainty.

"Ok, what do you have in mind?" she asked knowing that was what he had been cooking up in his mind.

"War is coming and we need to be ready for I intend to win it" He was direct to the point. No point in beating around the bush.

She took a sip of her juice "I am listening" she told him, knowing there was much more to come.