Chapter 16

Chapter 16
---------------

"It's begun" Sebastian declared to Alex and Roma after disconnecting his call and came and sat down in the couch as both Alex and Roma looked at him to elaborate his cryptic statement.

"Lockbourne declared an emergency session of the world council" he said and added "You are obligated to attend" He said looking at Roma.

She gave him a curt not of acknowledgement "When and where?" she asked.

"Thursday, twelve in the morning, the council is in Ontario, Canada" He informed. The council meetings happened usually at midnight or early in the morning, safe from human eyes, less attention that way.

"Ok, how do we do this?" She asked looking between Alex and Sebastian.

"Do we even do this?" Alex asked both of them "I mean, we know what's going to happen at the council, what if Lockbourne and his lackeys aka David want to take her in to custody or some shit like that?" he asked.

"I don't think it's possible, they can't simply take an council member in to custody...it sets bad precedence, what they do today can be done to them sometime later...so I am guessing that would not do that...at least not in the council...She is safe at the council." Sebastian countered. They would not be that suicidal.

"Ok" Alex conceded "But you know that Lockbourne has a strong case against us and he might coerce us in to a corner...might coerce her in to a corner...Lockbourne is a sly one and maneuvering the council can be tricky for the best of us" Alex said looking at Sebastian. What he was really saying that Evelyn might not be politically savvy to navigate the council politics.

"Our absence will weaken our case and I think Roma is more than capable of handling the council members" Sebastian said giving a side glance to her.

She kept quite in all this conversation.

"What if they try to take her out?" Alex asked worried.

"They won't, same argument applies. Sets a bad precedence and would turn the entire thing on to Lockbourne's head, he might be an idiot but by any stretch of imagination he is no fool" Sebastian said with unwavering confidence.

"So we go?" Alex asked.

"Yes we go" Sebastian confirmed.

"It will be me and Sebastian" Roma added breaking her silence.

"What?" Alex asked confused.

"Sebastian and I will go to Ontario, I need you to stay back" Roma said.

"What? Why?" Alex asked confused.

"With all eyes on the council no one would expect and attack...I think it will be the perfect time to take out Lockbourne's family." Roma told Alex.

"You mean..." Alex trailed just to confirm if she was serious about her plan.

"Yes Alex...we need to take out Serine Lockbourne and it needs to be during the time the council is in session." She added.

"Why?" he asked her.

"Because, that will unnerve Lockbourne and will force him to do something rash in front of the council members...something he cannot undo...we need to bring Lockbourne down" she explained her thoughts.

"Rash like what?" Alex wondered.

"Like attack her in a fit of rage" Sebastian added, he figured out what Roma was going with this. She was not interested in a prolonged war, she planned to take Lockbourne out for good in the council meeting. He could not help but be at awe of her plan.