Chapter 31

Apologies for the long wait, here...you...go...

Chapter 31
----------------

Serena saw the activity in the pack grim faced for the last two days truck after truck came in dropping off equipment, most of it she did not know what it was but some could not be more obvious, guns. Nothing like she had ever seen though, they looked heavy duty and she had no doubt the impact they would have on firing, one word came to her mind. Lethal.

Alex had been so busy for the last two days. They had made some progress, a truce of a kind between them but the mate bond did not bother with such silly things, it sang when he was near and twisted and pulled when he was away. She was learning to live with this new feeling in her, something she still had to get used to.

So, she stood there out of the way, like a mouse silently observing, trying to catch a glimpse of him in all the chaos out there, her eyes searching. All she saw was machines of war that made her stomach feel some sort of way. She felt ominous clouds hanging over her head like something bad was about to happen, she sighed softly and her eyes swept the surrounding's again. No Alex, disappointed she returned back to her room, she would try to distract herself with some mindless television.

***

"Are you crazy?!" The alpha thundered.

More alphas were brought in to the plan and their soldiers demanded by the American alphas, they already had close to two thousand men at Colorado border.

"Alpha can't you see the threat Roma poses, it needs to be neutralized" one of the council alphas reasoned.

"Can't you see the threat Roma is?" The alpha asked "You think killing Sebastian would stop Roma, if anything it would piss her off."

"She is but a girl, she is only effective because of Sebastian. Take him out and watch her empire fall like a stack of cards." Another alpha chipped in.

Alpha Collins watched the council wolves incredulously, were they for real?

"That's what Lockbourne thought and what did that get him? They are still scrubbing his brains off the damn council floor! You are underestimating Roma, it is not just one person or two, it's an empire, a well-oiled war machine...you....you were not there and I was there in Patrick Lockbourne's lands, you did not witness the destruction I witnessed, entire pack obliterated overnight, you think Patrick saw this coming. You cannot seriously think we could take it down by simply killing one person?" He said, hoping to reason with these mad men.

"What do you think we should do then?" one of the alphas asked tersely "She killed our council head in cold blood, she comes in to our country and wipes out an entire pack! She has humiliated us in front of the entire world, if we do nothing we will be perceived as weak all our leverage gone...our own alpha's will question this councils leadership, we need to take decisive action!"

"Yes take action but don't commit suicide...listen to me, launching an attack on her is a bad idea and you seem to be forgetting something, she is now the chair of the world council, she will isolate us and then obliterate us. We will lose everything." He said and looked at the other alphas in the room who had come to this meeting called by the council alphas.

Some of them shifted nervously and a slow murmur began.

The new head alpha got up "Gentlemen" he said killing all the conversation "let's look at the facts" he calmly added "While I appreciate and admire the courage of alpha Collins I believe he is wrong and let me tell you why with facts."

His gaze swept the packed room "Fact 1, Just a year ago the so called Roma was just an average female wolf in an obscure little pack in Colorado, she would never have been known if fate did not make her mate to Maxwell Roma."