Hospital room

Please listen to the song while reading. Enjoy.

Maya walked into the restaurant and approach the hostess stand. She had been running late, traffic was terrible and walking in heels was tiring. She just hoped that  he hadn't left the restaurant. Maya had been looking forward to this night all week. A nice evening between an old friend to catch up for old times sake.

"How many?" Questioned the hostess.

"Oh I am meeting someone here... I  believe its under the name.." before she could answer Maya heard a familiar voice.

"Maya!" A husky voice called to her from behind the hostess stand

There he was, still handsome as ever with his dark unruly curls and lean slightly more muscular body than when they had last spoken.

Maya smiled nodded her head to the hostess and proceeded to the table.

She hugged him and felt this cooling sensation through her body. There was just something missing.  He pulled out her chair and Maya took a seat.  Maya always liked the fact that he was always a gentleman when it came to her.

"So how have you been?" He asked.

"Well you know school and stuff nothing new really..." Maya replied
"How about yourself?.. How long have you been in town..."

The conversation flowed easily, as it always did when they were together.

Buzz buzz

Maya felt her phone vibrate on the table. It was Riley. God she loved her to pieces but Riley had the worst timing. Maya declined the call and continued with her evening.

Not 3 minutes later

Buzz buzz

Riley...

Maya was a little irritated that Riley didn't  take the hint. She never bothers her when she is out with Huckleberry.

Buzz buzz

"You can answer it..really its fine" he replied with a smile.

"Are you sure..ok sorry excuse me for  a minute..." she retreates to the ladies room.

Buzz buzzz

"Okay Riley!.. What is sooo important that you have to interrupt my night..you know how i have been looking forward to this..." before Maya could finish her rant she heard something she never wanted to hear in her life.

"Josh... Maya, Josh is in the hospital." Riley replied sounding close to tears.

Maya doesn't know how she managed to get from the restaurant to the hospital so quick but she did.

She made it to the front desk and asked for him..

"Joshua Matthews room please.."

"320" replied the receptionist.

Maya found his room quickly and opened the door slowly preparing herself for the worst.

What she saw left her speechless...

------------------------------

There sat Josh looking very healthy  sitting in the hospital bed watching American Dad with Riley on the chair next to him.

"Hey" Josh said noticing her .
"Maya what are you doing here?.."

"Riley called me crying like you were on your deathbed..but clearly your fine.." Maya was seething..

"Riles..lets talk outside"

"Okay Peaches" replied Riley as she skipped out into the hall.

Maya shot a quick smile to Josh and closed the door behind her.