She's My Daughter Part 2

Previously

"So when exactly is Someday?" Shawn asked.

"I really don't know?" Josh confessed scratching the back of his head.

"I am going to talk to you like your buddy Shawn Hunter is that ok?" Shawn asked.

Josh nodded.

"You really like Maya, love her even..but you want to wait? For what? So Maya could meet potentially date other guys...kiss other guys? When all she wants right now is to do that with you? So you are pushing her off on someone else? I think your wrong, your the one not ready for Maya not the other way around.. If you love her then go for it. I say that like Shawn your buddy but Shawn the Dad says make sure you are sure because even though I like you, if you hurt her I will end you." Shawn finished with a stern look.

Josh was taken aback..was it him who wasn't ready and how would he feel if another guy kissed Maya or even looked at her. Its been hard enough controlling his jealousy with Zay and even Dr. Turtleneck.

"Shawn, I have to talk to Maya right now..." Josh said turning heel and heading down the steps.

"Is it Someday Josh?" Shawn asked holding back a laugh.

"If she will have me.." yelled Josh

__________________

Maya sat by the bay window in the Matthews livingroom. She was nervous and a little scared for Josh.

Shawn had been acting weird all night. She should have seen it coming with all the questions he had been asking Josh about girls and college.

"They have been gone awhile.." Maya said worried.

"Don't worry Peaches, I'm sure they are just hanging out..." Riley replied in an attempt to reassure her friend.

"Ooh I wouldn't say that Shawnie is probably giving Josh the rundown..he wasn't too happy when I told him about your Someday deal..." Mr. Matthews added.

"You what?" Both Riley and Maya exclaimed.

"Cory why would you do that?" Topanga questioned.

" Shawnie and I have no secrets.." Mr. Matthews said with pride.

Maya felt like the air had be let out of the room. She suddenly couldn't breathe. Shawn knew about Someday. 

Her Someday with Josh...

What if he scares Josh into backing out of their deal.

What would she do if Josh backed out?

What would she do?

Riley sat and watched the wash of panic displayed on her friends face. She couldn't even imagine the thoughts running through Maya's head. She had just started to hope again, Josh had done that for her. Riley reached for her friends hand.

"Everything will be fine Maya.." Riley began to only be shut down by Maya.

"How do you know that Riley? What if Josh changes his mind because of Shawn? What if he calls off Someday?" Maya's voice wavered at the end.

"Maya Uncle Josh wouldn't do that.." Riley replied.

"You don't know that Riley! It took him almost 3 years to even admit he liked me!!!" Maya's insecurity in her and Josh's deal was starting to show.
Her fears of never being good enough, always being the one left behind were threatening to escape her dungeon of sadness.

Riley knew why Maya felt the way she did, the fact that Josh had zoned her because of the age difference for so long to all of sudden have feelings were too good to be true for Maya.

"When Uncle Josh makes a promise he keeps it..trust me Maya.." Riley said. She knew her Uncle would never lead Maya on.

"Riley, you don't understand everything is always perfect in your world. What if he leaves me before we even start?" Maya said a single tear falling.

"Maya..."

Maya looked to see Josh standing in the door way.

"Josh.." Maya said wiping the lone tear which had fallen.

"Can I talk to Maya alone?" Josh asked he had heard the conversation from the hall and knew this conversation about Someday needed to be done in private. He could read the fear and insecurity  in her eyes.

Josh took a seat next to Maya at the bay window. They sat in silence for awhile before Maya finally spoke.

"How much of that did you hear?" Maya asked fearing that he had heard everything and that she might have scared him away with her insecure nature.

"All of it..." Josh said scratching the back of his head.

"Oh?" Maya said feeling her chest tighten.

"Maya do you really think I would back out of Someday?" Josh questioned, he needed to know that she trusted him before they had their moment.

Maya stayed silent not knowing how to answer him. Embarrassed that she was coming off as needy.

"I would never do that. I really like you Maya. I wouldn't have made this deal if I didn't want something with you. Maya I saw how you reacted when Shawn mentioned college girls.. Maya do you trust me?"

"Of course... it just seems like you liking me is too good too be true.." Maya began.

"Why? Why is it so hard to believe that I am in love with you? You are amazing Maya.. you're gorgeous, smart and the most caring person I know... I have never met someone else like you... " Josh ranted he would tell Maya over and over again for as long as he lives how amazing she is.

"You love me?" Maya looked up from her lashes a smirk playing on her lips.

"Thats all you got from that? Yes Maya I am deeply in love with you." Josh said taking Maya's hand in his, he loved how they fit together so perfectly.

Maya couldn't believe what he just said... Josh Matthews is in love with her.

"How do you feel about me Gorgeous?" Josh asked hoping he knew the answer already.

"I love you too. I have since I was 13.." Maya said.

Josh couldn't control the smile that appeared on his face and the swell of happiness in his chest.

"Shawn helped me realize it. He also showed me how crazy I was for wanting to wait for Someday when we could be together now.
.. So what do you say Gorgeous? Can Someday be now?" Josh finished anxious for her reply.

"What like today, like right now?" Maya asked.

Josh simple nodded his head.

"Yes!!!" Maya said wrapping her arms around  his neck.

Josh smiled loving the feel of Maya in his arms and the smell of her hair as it brushed his cheek.

Maya pulled away from Josh to stare into his eyes. Could this really be happening?

Josh stared at her. Looking into her beautiful blue eyes and flushed cheeks. His eyes then traveled down to her lips. Her pink plump lips.

Leaning he captured her lips in a soft kiss. The first of many he thought. It was the perfect way to start someday.

When they finally broke for air. Smiles plastered on their faces. Both staring intently at eachother.

"Someday." They both said in unison.

Hope you enjoy the part two to She's my daughter. Don't forget to check out my other story Over Time.  I love to read comments so blow me up and request please.