Study Date or Study Partner

Josh Matthews sat hunch over his brother Cory's dining room table  surrounded by his Macroeconomics text book and notes, next to him sat Olivia.

"Oh Josh! I just don't understand this chapter...its so frustrating." Olivia pouted.

Olivia was Josh's classmate from Macroeconomics and was doing great in the course. She just wanted to spend some alone time with Josh. He was different from other college guys. Very polite and attentive. Based on his offer to help her study, there must be something he likes about her too.
What wasn't there to like, Olivia was tall brunette with shoulder length hair, slim build with slight curves and chocolate brown eyes. Guys would practically fall all over themselves to go out for her. That's what she liked about Josh. He didn't fond over her.

"Well thats why I'm here Olivia to help you.."Josh said with a smile.

"Thanks Josh..it's really nice of you to help me." Olivia says as she flips her hair over her shoulder.

As they were studying the front door swung open.

"Hey Uncle Josh!" Called Riley as she walked into the apartment followed by Lucas.

"Hey Riles, Howdy..." greeted Josh.

Riley upon noticing the brunette at Josh's side immediately stopped in her tracks.

"Uh...Uncle Josh?" Riley questioned hesitantly.

"Yeah Riles?.." Josh asked while quirking a brow.

"Who is your friend?" Riley motioned to the brunette.

"Oh this is Olivia my..." began Josh before being cut off by Olivia.

"Hi! I'm Olivia nice to meet you..." Olivia greeted with a smile and wave.

"Hi." Riley and Lucus greeted.

Lucas sensing Riley tense up at Olivia's presence decided to intervene.

"So we have to study too..right Riley? Lets...go" Lucas explained while dragging Riley to her bedroom.

In Riley's bedroom

Riley and Lucas sat at the bay window .

"Lucas how could Uncle Josh do this?..How?!" Riley exclaimed.

"We don't know whats going on, they are probably just studying together..Don't freak out yet Riley.." Lucas tried his best to soothe her.

"Are you kidding me Lucas... they are sitting next to eachother. STUDYING!!!" Riley explained with air quotes ,now pacing in her room.

"Exactly Riley..just studying...Josh cares about Maya he wouldn't do anything to hurt her. You know that." Lucas explained trying to comfort Riley.

"I hope you are right Lucas"  Riley said with her head in her hands.

"Awww Honey whats the matter?"

Rileys head shot up to see Maya coming in through the bay window.

"Peaches what are you doing here?"  Riley was anxious she didn't know how she was going to explain Olivia's presence to Maya.

"Riles we said that we would have a movie night remember?...Did you forget?" Maya questioned.

" Its just that you know...movie nights are soooo juvenile..seriously we are sophomores now..you know more mature..I know, why don't we just stay right here and talk" Riley said while taking Maya's hand in an attempt to keep Maya in her room.

"Don't be silly Riles lets go watch the movie..." Maya said shaking off Riley's hand.

"You know short stack..maybe we should all go to my house..my Momma can make us some carmel popcorn balls.." Lucas began stepping in front of the door.