8

After they picked up the food, they went home. Messiah made Aaliyah's plate and sat in on the kitchen table. It was about 3 in the afternoon, Messiah had to be at work at 4.

"I'm about to go Aaliyah." He yelled into the hallway.

"Where are you going?" She yelled from their upstairs closet.

"I've got to be at work at 4. Come give me a kiss."

"Hold on I'm coming." She said while walking down the stairs.

Messiah grabbed Aaliyah's waist and noticed it felt swollen.

"What the hell happened to you Aaliyah?" Messiah said angrily.

Aaliyah backed up a few steps from Messiah. "I was going to tell you, that's why I rushed down the stairs. When I went into the back to get my nails done, there was a guy, a new guy that I've never saw before. He grabbed me and tried to kiss me, when I tried to back away, he held on tighter and hurt my side and waist. I didn't tell you while we were in the shop because I didn't want you to do anything stupid. I'm sorry." Aaliyah started to cry.

Messiah walked over to Aaliyah and hugged her, "It's not your fault. Would you recognize him if you saw him?"

"Yeah. Why?" Aaliyah asked.

"Get your food and go sit in the car and wait for me." Messiah told Aaliyah.

Aaliyah knew to not ask questions when Messiah got like this, so she did exactly what he told her to do. Messiah grabbed his phone and dialed someone's number.

"Marcus? We've got to catch one tonight. They touched my girl man, that can't go unhandled." After he got off the phone with Marcus he called his boss to call out, said he had a family emergency. Once he was done with that, he got into the car and drove back to the nail salon.

"I thought you had to be at work?" Aaliyah asked Messiah.

"I am at work." Messiah mumbled. They waited outside of the salon for the man to come out so Aaliyah could I.D him. A man walked out a few minutes later.

"A, is that him?" Messiah asked.

Aaliyah looked up at the man that was walking to a parked car. "Yeah baby that's him." And then she went back to eating her food. Messiah pulled out his phone and took a picture of the license plate. Once he was done with that, he dropped Aaliyah off at home and went down the street to the trap. He knew Marcus would be there because he sells for him. When he walked into the house, Marcus was there with a couple of other guys who works for Messiah but on different blocks of the neighborhood.

"What's up boss?" Marcus says when he notices that Messiah was there.

"We have some business to take care of fellas. As you all know, Aaliyah is my everything. I actually proposed to her the other day. And we recently found out she's pregnant. But that's not the problem, some nigga put his hands on her, got her side all bruised up, and now we got to catch one. I have a picture of the plates, Mikey I want you to run the plates through the machine and get me an address. Once you have the address, I want you and Dice to go to where ever the hell it is and scope it out, see how many people live there, all of that. When you get done with that me and Marcus will go and take care of it." Messiah sent the picture to Mike's phone and left out of the house. Messiah then got into his car, when he got a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, this is Dr. Harris at the Women's clinic. We have an opening, are you interested?"

"You guys always have openings at the wrong times, we're on our way, thank you." Messiah hung up. He clicked on Aaliyah's contact name.

"Hey babe, the doctors have an opening, are you still dressed?" Messiah put the phone on speaker so he could drive with both hands on the wheel.

"Yeah come pick me up, I'll wait for you on the porch." Aaliyah said in response.

"No wait in the house, I'm pulling up right now."

"Alright." Aaliyah hung up.