1 9

Aaliyah's POV

Its dark. When they got me from the hotel, they told me I wouldn't be here long. They said they were using me as a warning to Messiah, it shouldn't take that long, ill be home in no time. But the longer I was in this basement of some sort, I lost more and more hope that I'd see my fiancée again, see the father of my child again.

Yesterday night, he called me. I wasn't supposed to have my phone, but the person who was in charge of making sure I didn't run away had left it on the table unknowingly. Hearing his voice made me feel like it wasn't the end, and that I still had a chance of getting home to him.

When I went out to the car back at the hotel, the sound of tires screeching scared me, causing me to drop my phone, when I leaned back up from receiving it, my nose and mouth were being covered by a towel. I tried to hold my breath and fight the person off, but I stood no chance against whoever it was holding me. I was defeated, and could no longer hold my eyes open, I felt my body drifting off to sleep, and I couldn't fight it any longer. When I woke up, I was sore, a sharp pain was shooting through the lest side of my face, someone had punched me. Almost immediately, my hands made their way to my growing belly. This was my way of checking on the baby that was developing inside of me.

I need to get out of here. You'd think they would chain me up or something, thankfully they didn't. A man came and brought me a cup of water and a piece of bread with cheese every few hours. You could tell they didn't want to hurt me, but there was no doubt in my mind that they would if they had to. The man seemed to have taken a special liking for me, maybe I could persuade him into letting me leave, I could tell he wasn't happy with me being here, I knew this wasn't his doing. Someone had put him up to this, and I knew, I just knew he wasn't happy about it.

It felt like I had been here for years. They had me laying on the cold concrete floor. Their was water dripping from the ceiling in multiple different spots, giving me something to constantly listen to. I wasn't chained or tied or anything thankfully, I guess they thought it was unnecessary since they told me I wouldn't be here long. The guy who brought me my food was the son of the man who took me. I recognized him as the man from the shop, and then it all started making sense. He was using me as retaliation to get to Messiah, him and some man named Beno were working together, I heard the both of the, discussing some sort of business together, Beno kept staring at me which what was really got my attention. The name sounded familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I had to think of a plan, a way out. They could tell I was pregnant, it was becoming obvious. Maybe if I told them I was having stomach pains they would take me to the hospital, what did I have to lose anyway?

"Excuse me." There was a man sitting at one of the tables they had down there. The only reason I knew he was there was the light on his phone reflecting off of his face. He looked up momentarily before looking back down at his phone and ignoring me. He got me fucked up. I thought to myself, almost laughing.

"Hello?" I sarcastically asked him. Just cause they had me trapped in here didn't mean they couldn't get cussed out.

"The hell do you want girl?" He responded to me with an attitude very present in his voice. You'd think I would be the one with an attitude since I was the one being held hostage, but nope, it was this bowling pin head ass nigga. I wasn't going to spazz out though, that would ruin the plan.

"Can I have some water or something? My stomach really hurts." I decided to be dramatic and lay flat on my back, clutching my stomach.

"You don't need no water, its probably that stale ass cheese you been eating." He responded, not even caring. I guess I would have to take it up a notch.

"Please, I'm pregnant. I really think something is wrong. Can you take me to the hospital?" I was now standing and doubled over clutching my stomach. I could tell I got his attention when he left the room, I'm assuming to go get his boss since he wasn't man enough to make his own decisions obviously. He came back a few seconds later with Beno trailing behind him.

"Boss, she saying she pregnant and that her stomach hurts. Should we take her to the hospital?" He asked, looking in between me and back to Beno.

"Yeah man go get the truck, her having a miscarriage or something would ruin the whole plan. Hurry up and pull the truck around." Beno demanded while walking over to me. He couldn't see the smirk on my face due to me having my head down, but he just made a huge mistake.

When we arrived at the hospital, they told me that if I said anything they'd kill me and my family. I thought about it, was it worth it? I mean they did tell me I wouldn't be there long, but how was I supposed to believe the people who had kidnaped me and were holding me against my will. I had to do something, I couldn't let an opportunity to get away pass me by. When I was checked into my room, I asked to use a telephone so I could call my husband, the nurse had left to get one. While the nurse was gone, I looked around the room for something that had the name of the hospital on it. They had me blindfolded the entire ride here, so I have no idea where I am. I would just ask the nurse, but I don't want to raise unnecessary suspicion. I found a clothes bag underneath the cabinet. The bag read St. Michaels Hospital. This was the hospital Joseph was born in, thankfully I was still in the same city. The nurse came back a short while after, but she didn't have a phone with her.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I've been instructed to not let you use the telephone during your stay." She told me while looking at me like she was up to something. She's probably on their payroll, I thought to myself, putting two and two together. Well it wouldn't be as easy as I had hoped, but I wasn't done trying yet.

After a few minutes the nurse came back with discharge papers after running tests on me for about an hour to make sure everything was okay. The best part of this entire situation was me being able to see my baby on the ultrasound, my creation.

While walking to the lobby to meet Beno, I saw a phone on the wall, one of those old phones. I asked the nurse if she could go get me a wheelchair because I didn't feel up to walking and she agreed, but not before rolling her eyes. I had reminded myself to come pay her a visit after I gave birth. While she was gone I quickly ran over to the phone and dialed Messiah's number like my life depended on it, well it kind of did. The only reason I even know his number by heart is because he's had the same one since I've known him, and before I got my own phone I used to sneak on the house phone and call him.

"Why you whispering Aaliyah?" He asked me. It was past 12 in the morning and I was supposed to be asleep.

"My mama home tonight and its a man in there with her, I don't want to wake them up. Plus Jo sleeping beside me too." I told him, trying to be as quiet as possible. I was honestly falling asleep.

"Hello?"

"Aaliyah you sleep? Hello?"

"Hello?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of Messiah's voice.

"Messiah?" I'm at the hospital, St. Josephs. Hurry up because I'm about to leave, ill stall them as long as I can but please hurry." And with that I hung up the phone before the nurse came back. Once I took a deep breath and recollected myself, I made my way back onto the main hallway, the nurse was just now coming back with the wheelchair, I had to think fast. I fell to the floor, acting as if I couldn't breathe, nurses and doctors ran over to me trying to help me and see what's wrong, I quickly got back up. I don't know what I'm doing at this point.

"Are you okay miss? Can you hear me?" A male nurse asked me while reaching out to grab my arm.

"Don't touch her." I heard a voice say coming from the big double doors leading to the waiting area of the hospital. I looked up to see Messiah and Beno. That's why he looks so familiar, Beno works for him. It was all starting to make sense now, Beno was jealous. He wanted Messiah's spot, but how would I let Messiah know what was going on.