2 4

Aaliyah POV

"Huh?" I had to ask, cause obviously I didn't hear him correctly.

"What you mean you might have to Messiah? You don't have to do shit."

"Baby look, I know you want me to leave the game and just lay low for a while but I can't. There's money to be made, I have people depending on me. I can't let the block get cold."

"You'll rather be there for those people that are depending on you for a little change and risk losing the two that are depending on you most." I responded while rubbing my growing belly.

"I don't want to hear that shit. You wasn't complaining when you were out spending the money that I worked for."

"Wow." This conversation was about to go all the way left so I just ended it and left out of the room.

When I got back into our bedroom, I noticed that Messiah had a couple of bags packed.

"He really think he going somewhere?" I asked myself while unpacking all of this stuff. I didn't even bother folding anything, I just threw the stuff back into the closet and drawers.

At times like these, I wish I had someone to talk to, someone to vent to. I don't have any real friends, nor any real family. All I have is Messiah, he's who I turn to when i'm down, he's my best friend, my everything, but who do I turn to now?

"Why you unpack my shit Aaliyah? Stop playing with me." Messiah said to me as he entered the room and saw his empty suitcases.

"You're not leaving. Listen to the shit you saying dude, you sound stupid. He probably got all his men waiting on you to land in Cali, just to kill you. You don't know nothing about him or what kind of shit he running over there!" I hated yelling but it seemed like he wasn't hearing me, so let me make it loud and clear.

"Man stop all that country ass yelling 'for you hurt my baby. Don't you think I know that already? I'm already looking for a few goons to ride out there with me, I just have to figure out who I can trust right now. I was going to ask you to come with me, I wouldn't just leave you here by yourself, at least not after what just happened. It's still safe for you to fly, you're not that far along. We can still call your doctor to make sure if you want to. Baby I love you, okay? I really want to leave the streets, you know i've always wanted to be a mechanic, I wanna go to school and shit, but I just can't . And you got to understand that and stop being so selfish. It's not all about you, we got another person in this situation now. Another mouth that has to be fed, shit you're two all by yourself pregnant or not. You've gotta work with me on this ight? When I see an opportunity to leave the game, i'll let you know. But until then, I need you to ride for me like you been doing all this time."

I didn't respond to what he said, because deep down I knew he was right. Yes we had money saved up but it wouldn't last forever. So until we both get to where we're bringing in steady, clean money, this was the only way we could make it. I just don't want him to get hurt.

"Pack you a couple of bags, we leave tomorrow, we'll be back in a week if everything goes well, then we can talk about moving up there for good."

And with that, he left the room.

A few days later

Messiah POV

"Baby lets go!" I yelled from our hotel room to Aaliyah who had been getting ready to leave for almost 4 hours now.

I don't know where she thinks she going. Hell, I just want some Waffle House.

"Nigga I'm coming." She said while walking into the room.