ċһåƿṭєŗ ṭẇєṅṭʏ-ғọȗŗ

"Wait," Digger said. "She's not..... dead..... isn't she?"

Floyd checked the pulse in her neck. "She's dead."

"This is all my fault," June said.

"No!" Harley said! "This ain't fair! She does all this shit fer us'n then dies? That ain't fair! I already lost my puddin', I can't lose her too! We gotta do somethin'! C'mon, guys! Please?"

"What can we do?" Chato asked. "We can't just give up."

"We can't do anything," Edwards said, stroking her forehead. "Nothing."

"Imma put her in the water over there," Waylon said, lifting up her body. "Have her float to the beach or somethin'."

Waylon walked over to the small, water-filled hole that was still fixing itself and put Athena in it. Then he smiled and whispered, "See ya, shorty."

"You know, I'm gonna miss her," Floyd said.

"Yeah, I got used to havin' her around," Digger agreed. "It's quiet now."

"I know," Harley said with a small, pain-filled chuckle. "She never shut her mouth." Harley started walking back to wherever, but paused when she heard a faint thump.

"Hey, ya hear that?" she asked.

"Harley, c'mon," Floyd said. "That's enough."

"Shut yer cakehole!"

They were quiet until they all heard it.

"Below us," Floyd said.

"More EAs?" Digger asked.

"No, I don't think so," Flag said.

Suddenly a hole exploded in the floor a few feet away from them, and a hand shot out of the water beneath it.

"Nah, no way," Floyd whispered. "That cannot be happening."

With those words, a very much alive Athena pulled herself out of the water with a gasp.

"Theenie!" Harley shouted.

"That crazy little bitch," Floyd muttered to himself.

Harley and June ran over to Athena and helped her out of the water, and Athena collapsed on her back, out of breath.

"Crossbones, you okay?" Digger said cautiously. "You ain't zombified or anything, right?"

Athena groaned and rubbed her forehead. "Damn, I feel like I'm having a hangover."

"Yep, that's her, alright," Flag said with a smile.

"Welcome back, Athena." Chato grinned as he helped her sit up.

"Yeah," Athena said. "It's good that I'm not dead."

"Oh no, you were dead," Floyd told her.

"Ya were mostly dead," Harley said with a good-natured grin.

"White eyes and everything," Floyd went on. "Had blood comin' out of your mouth, too."

"That sounds awesome," Athena said.

Chato laughed. "You really are crazy, aren't you?"

"Completely," Edwards cut in with a grin.

Athena smiled. "Well, I do have a witch in my brain."

ṭһåṭ ıṡ ṅєåŗ ċọṃṡṭọṡє ŗıɢһṭ ṅọẇ, ṡọ ı ṡȗɢɢєṡṭ ʏọȗ ẇåҡє ṃє ȗƿ, ṡʏṃṃєṭŗıċåĿ ẇọṃåṅ.

Symmetrical woman? What are you...? "Holy shit!" she exclaimed when she saw her arms.

"What?!" Edwards asked.

"I'm symmetrical!"

"Oh my-- yeah!" Edwards said in surprise, then burst out laughing

"It's not funny!" Athena said, smacking his arm.

"No, it's just--" He sighed and shook his head. "I'm just glad you're back."

"I see that sentimental bullshit is still spewing from your mouth," Athena teased.

He scooted closer to her. "Do you always have to turn everything into sarcasm?"

Athena shrugged. "I can't help myself."

"Ugh, Athena, you're so sarcastic that I can't decide whether to kiss you or kill you."

Athena smiled. "I tend to have that effect on people."

Edwards chuckled. "You're psychotic."

"And you're a douche bag with a gun."

"Thank you, I try."

"Now who's psychotic?"

"Still you."

Athena laughed and put her forehead against his. "And don't you forget it."