CHAPTER VIII: EDUCATION

Rayah followed the Honda Civic around the city until it pulled up in front of a gate of a posh subdivision. The two security guards flanking the entrance saluted the man and let him drive right in. When it was Rayah's turn to enter, one of the guards signaled her to stop.

The guard smiled courteously. "Good afternoon, mam, who are we visiting today?"

"I, ummm, I'm here to see, ummm, Mister......Reyes?"

"Which one, mam? We have three Reyes families residing here."

"Oh, I kind of forgot his first name."

"What's your business with him, mam?"

"I'm here for, ummm, a tutorial session?"

"Oh, that would be Manolo Reyes, mam. His kid's got a lot of tutors."

Rayah snapped her fingers "Yes, Manolo, that's right. Sorry, I'm just so forgetful these days."

"That's alright, mam, just give me your driver's license and I'll give you a gate pass."

She fished for her SAGE issued Philippine driver's license in her bag and gave it to the guard, who exchanged it for a gate pass.

"Thanks, mam. Now, to get to the house, go straight and make a left at the fourth corner, then make a right at the second corner. Fourth house from the left is where you need to be."

"Great, thanks."

She drove inside the subdivision and looked for the Honda.

The man held Nella by the hand and led her inside a big, exquisitely furnished house.

She smiled reluctantly. "What are we going to do, baby? Whose crib is this?"

They entered the living room and she saw five guys sitting on a long luxurious leather sofa, eyeing her from head to toe.

"Oh, hello," she said.

The man wrapped his arms around her. "Remember what you said, baby? That you'd do anything for us to get back together?"

"Y-yes?" Terror crept into her voice.

The man pointed at his friends. "This is it, this is what I want you to do. Then we'll get back together."

"What do you mean?"

The man picked up a video camera lying on the table in front of the sofa. "Oh, come on now, baby, you know what I mean."

He turned the camera on and aimed it at Nella.

"You're gonna help us make some cash, baby," he said and pushed the 'record' button. "Give my friends some sexy group action, sweetheart."

The man's friends stood up and started groping Nella.

"No, please, baby," she cried. "Please don't do this to me."

"Relax, baby, just enjoy the scene."

Rayah felt like she had driven through the entire village, but still couldn't find the Honda. She stopped for a bit and turned around. She turned left onto a street and wondered if she'd passed it a while back. She slowed down and looked carefully at the parked cars on both sides.

Tears streamed down Nella's face as her boyfriend's gang debased her. One guy kissed her neck, while another one had his lips on her earlobe. She started sobbing when they started taking off her clothes. Her boyfriend grinned and zoomed in on her underwear.

Looking at a row of minivans and SUV's, Rayah finally spotted the black Honda Civic parked in front of a white two-story house. She parked a few blocks away and walked up the yard.