Chapter 7

"The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief"

-William Shakespeare , Othello-

***

Diana's P.O.V

I walk on the aisle, and I see Ludovic smiling on the other side. The more steps I take, the more I realize I may lose my whole life. What will happen then, after we get married ?

Will I forever lose my freedom ?

My parents are looking very proud, and so are the other guests. I take a deep breath when I'm about to reach the altar, and when I do, Ludovic reaches out his hand to mine, and I hold his hand in return. He gently squeeze it, and so, the ceremony, begins.

The moon is blood red outside, shining upon the altar. Blood moon only happens once every a hundred years. And it's a prideful day for the vampires to hold special occasion on this day.

It's a good sign of prosperity for us, the symbol of immortality, it's also a sign of eternal love, which may be the reason why he chose this day.

The golden eyes priestess in front of me begins chanting some ancient spell, before speaking in English regarding the wedding vow.

And believe me when I say, the wedding vow is more mad than what you think it is.

"Do you, Ludovic Lestrange, King of The Ancient Vampire Kingdom, agree to take Diana Lustre as your wife, and queen, and to love, and protect her, through the darkness and blood, through the nightmare, and the curse, and vow your eternal loyalty to her, until the end of forever ?"

"I do" I hear him say it loud and clear, which makes me feel a. It uneasy. The priestess soon turn to look at me, and begins speaking,

"Do you, Diana Lustre, The princess of Lustre Kingdom, agree to take Ludovic Lestrange, as your husband and king, to help and comfort him, through the good, and the bad time, through the Mad or Sin, and vow your loyalty to him, until the end of forever ?"

I hesitate a little bit, because I really don't want to say the word. How can I pledge my love and loyalty to this man, when I know I don't even love him ?

But he stares at me with a certain look. It's not exactly a threatening, or a begging look. It's a look of sadness and happiness mixed together, creating a very strange and unusual emotion.

And before I realize it, my mouth opens and the words come out from my mouth.

"I do"

And with that, the priestess nods and announces loudly and clearly. The nightmare words for me.

"And now I pronounce you, Husband and Wife, The king and the queen !"

And with that, the whole audience gives applause, which makes me feel really uncomfortable, meanwhile, Ludovic is staring at me, he gives me a proud smile, as he caresses my cheek gently

"You may kiss the bride"

The priestess say again and before I could even blink, his lips slowly touches mine, and it's a rough yet soft kiss. My first kiss with him, and he tries to make his way in, but I pull away before he could do anything.