Chapter 32

"I will spend an eternity loving you, caring for you, respecting you, showing you everyday that I hold you as high as the stars"

-Steve Maraboli-

***

Diana's P.O.V

"Where do you think you are going, love ?"

I turn my head to find him sitting on the floor, his eyes are blood red for a few seconds and they return back after a while.

"Ludovic !"

I quickly get on my knees and hug him, oh gosh, I can't believe he is actually alive, I swear I thought I could never touch him like this anymore. He hugs me back, but before I can utter any other words, he begins to pull me closer to him and embrace me in a deep, sweet, kiss.

I am a bit taken back by this particular kiss, but I embrace it with open hands, and honestly, deep down, I know this is one of his way of showing how relieved he is.

"I thought I could never have you alive again, you imbecile king"

"Where did my queen learn to call me with such a hurtful word ?" He says with dramatic tone on his voice. The two of us end up chuckling, giggling, and completed with mixed laughter and tears. The whole people witnessing what just happened in this room are stunned, unsure whether or not they should be happy or terrified.

Happy because their beloved king is back to life, or terrified because a dead man resurrected, technically twice. I guess it must even be bizarre enough for the undead.

I just made one of the lamest joke at the worst kind of situation.

"What happened ? How did you ?"

"Well..."

***

~Flashback~ Third P.O.V

"I have to go back" Ludovic speaks with determination, he was a bit worried about the kind of decision he would make and the impact of it, but the memories of him and Diana flashes through his mind on the last minutes, the memories of how happy he is when he is around her, how she manages to bring the best side of him, the memories in which the two of them have created over the short amount of time they had together.

And those memories make him want to make more memories with her, and he wants to learn more, he never thought he would ever think of learning anymore, especially remembering his age. Something sparks within him, he has just realized, that after all this time, he was never left alone by himself after all. Things after things happened, but he found his purpose in life. Other than ruling the kingdom, he found a purpose in making the love of his life happy, and that has become his great pleasure.

"Is that so ?" Desdemona approached him and she has a mixed expression shown on her face, she looks rather relieved, but also sad at the same time.

"I knew you would say that, you proved me right, thank goodness" she tells him as she slowly moves her hand and touch his hair, and moves her hand toward his face, she stares deep inside of him, stirring a certain emotion inside of him.

"Then, you should go back"

"What about you, Desdemona ? You..."