Chapter 27

"Maybe it' takes a near death experience to feel alive"

-Frank Ocean-

***

(There will be self harm / blood scene in this chapter, please read with caution, if it may trigger you, I suggest skip this chapter)

Ludovic's P.O.V

There is a sudden sharp pain on my stomach as we make our way to Diana's palace. My chest is hurting and I have a really bad feeling, it's almost choking me.

Robin and Fido are on the passenger seats while I sit on the seat beside the driver's seat while a personal driver drives there.

But it's too slow, I feel like dying.

I can't take this anymore.

I immediately open the car door as the car still moves and quickly uses my quick speed to go there. It will take a lot of energy with my current situation, but I am an ancient creature, this should be nothing for me.

Robin and Fido who realize what I am doing get out from the car as well and try to catch up with me using their quick speed and in fifteen minutes, we have arrived at the palace.

My connection with her runs deep in my blood and I can sense her in pain, and it doesn't take me long to get inside the building and try to find here with my sense of smell, only to smell spilling blood coming from her old room.

This is not good.

I quickly make my way to her room, only to find her parents around her and I can tell from the look of their horror filled face that Diana is dying.

I swear, I thought my heart stops beating for a moment, and I have no heart.

I approach her and immediately hold her in my arms. I almost feel myself shaking for the rushed emotion as I look at her face. She is in a great pain, and could die anytime soon. Looking from the wound on her stomach, she received a brutal hit on the spot, and when I think of who did this to her, my heart is filled with rage.

Those two traitors. I would find them and murder them with no mercy later. Those damned women from hell !

I look at Diana and I feel terrified. It reminds me of Desdemona, and the way of her death was also similar to this situation.

No ! I don't want to experience that again. No !!!

Her body is ice cold, and even though us, vampires are cold, but her temperature is not normal even for us. Fortunately, when I come, she is still breathing, but I have to be quick or else she would really die.

I take no further thought before taking a small knife and slit my own wrist rather deeply, to the point if it was done by a human, that person will definitely be dead within minutes, and when blood starts pouring from my wrist, I move it to my mouth and suck my own blood, before I lean in closer to her and feed my blood through her mouth.

I repeat this process three times, in hope that she will get enough of my blood. This will act as a first aid move for her because our blood has been connected, and since the ancient blood runs in my veins, it will gives her enough strength to heal herself to a better condition compared to her current one.

"Please, Diana, please, for me, for everyone"

There is a moment of break before she coughs terribly for a few seconds, but after that, her eyes slowly flutter open.

"Diana, my love" I whisper slowly, and she tries to move her mouth to speak.

"Ludovic, am I alive ?"

"Yes, you are, but you need to rest"

"Oh, great..." I slowly moves her body into the bed, and I ask everyone in the room to leave first. Her father looks a bit skeptical but her mother touches his chest signaling for them to just follow my order and leave the two of us alone.

"Eve and Netta... They lied" she speaks slowly, and I moves my hand to caress her hair. She is so beautiful even now, and it makes me want to do anything for her.

"I know, love, I know."  Oh Lord, why do the people I love have to suffer ? Is it because I am an immortal ? A devil ? Does that mean I do not deserve to be in love and live a happy life ?

"Worry not, my love, I will definitely catch them, and when I do, they will be receiving death in the most torturous way possible"

I can feel my eyes darkened as I speak those words, I know I really mean it.

"Ludovic..."

I slowly move my finger to silence her lips, she shouldn't talk to much right now, it's better for her to recover first.

"No more words, okay, you need to rest first"

She nods her head weakly, before slowly drifting off to sleep.

It's almost dawn, and I know I should get some rest as well, but I can't afford to leave her here alone and risking everything.

I close the curtain and assure that there will be no sunlight getting in here and I pull a chair to position it beside her and  take a slightly wet napkin to wipe the blood residue around her lips.

Gosh, she is so pretty, and she looks so peaceful, it's almost as if she doesn't deserve to be treated like this.

I sigh and try to pull myself together. I need to be rational about this.

All of a sudden, the door creaks open, and Robin enters the room. His face expression shows that he brings a bad news here.

"What is it ?" I ask him. He hesitates a little bit before bowing his head.

"Our palace is being attacked, Your Majesty"

My eyes widen at that statement, I stand up from my chair.

"It seems like your brother has planned this all along, using Diana as a bait, he makes you leave your palace at the right time and use the opportunity to do an attack"

"Dammit !" I curse silently.

I am trapped between two choices right now, stay here with her, or go there to save my palace.

What should I do ?