Chapter 26

"False friends are worse than bitter enemies"

-Proverb-

***

Diana's P.O.V

"You are in danger, Diana" a voice appears in my head as I am about to close my eyes. I have to open my eyes again and find out that Desdemona is standing in front of me. I cannot believe my eyes once again, because I actually see her in real life and not in my head.

"You..."

"Yes, it's me, and I'm pretty sure by now you are aware of who I am, aren't you ?"

"Yes, I know exactly who you are"

"Good, because now, you have to listen very carefully..."

She takes what seems to be a deep breath and she does it almost as if she is still alive, everything from her facial expression to her body gestures are so alive that it's hard to admit that she is already dead.

"Someone is trying to murder you"

I look at her and she has a concerned expression, and for some reason, instead of feeling scared, I chuckle.

"Well, is there ever been a time when someone doesn't want to kill me ?"

Her expression turns serious and at this moment I realize that she really means it.

"I am not joking right now ! Please, take this seriously for this matter also involves Ludovic's feeling, can you imagine what it will be like if something happens to you like what happened to me ? History could repeat itself, and oh... goodness... I don't even want to remember that horrible incident"

Tears begin falling from her eyes and her she has her fingers covering her face.

"I'm sorry..." I tell her and she begins to pull away her hands and open her mouth to speak again.

"Like I said, someone is trying to kill you, and that person is closer to you than what you could possibly imagine, there is a traitor amongst your friend, and-"

Before she could say anything else, the door slam open and Eve along with Netta enters the room, and at the exact same moment, Desdemona disappear.

"Who were you talking with ?" Netta asks me as she approaches me.

"No one" I reply back.

The exchange glances at each other before slowly closing the door.

"What are you guys doing here ?" I ask them and Eve looks away while Netta takes a few steps toward me and take a seat right beside me.

"Hey, listen, we have something we have to tell you..."

***

*Back in The Ancient Palace*

Ludovic's P.O.V

"Your Majesty, we have a very horrible news, it is beyond horrible"

I am currently reading and marking all of the reports from all ministers of the kingdom in my office room to kill time when Fido and Robin barge into my room.