Chapter 20

"Evil lurks in places you would never imagine and tries to charm it's way into your life"

-Unknown-

***

Diana's P.O.V

"So, would you explain everything to me now ? How come I do not know about your brother existence ?"

I try to sound calm but honestly I am not calm at all right now, because I have always been a little bit family oriented and it's kind of rude to never acknowledge the existence of a family member, despite various reasons.

"It's complicated" he starts as he sits down on the sofa in our library, apparently this place has become our favorite place to chat overtime.

"I promise I won't judge"

Those words make him sigh once again and he begins telling me the story.

"A long time ago, after my father passed away, my brother got the throne, for he was the eldest, and my father wasn't wise enough to see the dark traits of his eldest son, and thus, his reigning began..."

"The kingdom fell quicker under his throne, my kingdom is one of the most ancient kingdom in vampire history which ruled over several other kingdoms as well, so we have always been in power, but when he ruled, it was a complete chaos"

He takes a break and his eyes are filled with slight horror as he remembers sceneries that appear to be horrifying.

"He was naturally greedy, and a bit lustful, so he would put on a high rate of tax, higher than what the people could afford, and he would punish anyone who disobeyed or failed to pay tax, he also used the tax fees to hold grand parties for other royalties, but those parties are a bit gruesome, a way that I have never even seen before, he would sacrifice a virgin maiden and they would drink the blood of the freshly murdered soul, and the darkest part is the fact that they had to torture her before killing her, in a cruel and gruesome way"

"He held the party every single month, so can you imagine how horrifying that was ?"

I cannot imagine myself being in that party, because even though we are vampires, we have our own ethics and morality, those ways are supposed to go extinct a long time ago, and yet....

"He would take a woman on his bed every time his heart desires too, and often time, after several uses, they are murdered by him, they are treated as nothing more than objects for his lustful desire, and he would try to seek war everywhere, he would try to pick on smaller kingdoms, knowing he would win, and take the people as hostage to be used as lowly slaves, made to do the lowest and most cruel jobs ever unworthy of a human being"

Oh gosh, he does seem like a horrible person now. I cannot understand how a person without heart like that could exist.

"What happen next ?" I ask him with teary eyes, and I know that I shouldn't be crying but the story alone is making me very emotional as I position myself as one of the woman.

It must have been a complete nightmare.

"The people got sick of him, and I got sick of him. The trigger for me was when he sent someone to kill Desdemona, I knew it was him, it was him. He did it because he was jealous of my relationship with her, and I swore to God I would kill him"