Chapter 8

"If you can't live without me, why aren't you dead yet ?"

-Cynthia Heimel-

***

Lance's P.O.V

They tried to get rid of me. They tried to separate me from her, but heaven knows, no matter how much they try to do so, I won't be able to accept that, because, I can't live without her, and she was the one who taught me how to live.

I manage to escape from that damned prison that they put me in, what a crazy family, they thought that killing me would simply upset Diana, so, instead, they put me in a place where I cannot reach her.

But then again, they underestimated me. They thought that because I used to be human, I was weak. But it seems like they have forgotten, what kind of situation I was in, before they brought me in, before she healed me.

I manage to climb up to the window in the room. They locked the window with metals, so I have to use my power as a treater which I have never used before to open it, and this action costs me a lot of energy lost, since we are not supposed to use whatever power we have, or we received when we became a treater. But again, I am no weakling, I will definitely get away with this.

Tonight, I will see her again.

As the window starts to open, I can hear footsteps running this way, so without any thinking, I jump from the height and my body hits the trees. But fortunately, I manage to land safely, and even though I kind of twist my arms, I still manage to run and avoid the guards who are now patrolling around to catch me.

I run into the city area, since it's almost morning, the area isn't very crowded, which makes it easy for me to not get noticed, even though I have the treater mark on my neck, people just don't care about it.

When I know I've lost the guards and all, I begin to slow down and find a seat to rest a bit. My arms hurt so badly right now, but my legs are doing just fine, maybe because I landed using pressure from my hand, that's why it got twisted.

I try to sense her whereabouts. No matter what, I'm still connected to her. And if I'm not mistaken, since the ancient vampire king was the one who took her away, then she should be at his castle by now.

After it's morning, I stop resting and begin to walk again. It's almost empty now, and only a few other treaters are around, since we are not harmed by sunlight like the pure blood vampires, and the rest are humans who probably have no idea about our existence.

I try to follow my senses, and it's not easy at all.

I have to go through the city, the forest, and lastly, to the countryside area before the main kingdom of the vampires. The place where only high ranked vampires are allowed to be at.

The whole trip is going to take me a whole week, it's not easy at all, but time passes by quickly and pain doesn't hurt anymore when you're aiming for something you love.

My arms begin healing itself as time passes by and at least I can start moving it again without flinching every single time.

I want to see her so badly, and if that king ever does anything to her, then I don't care who he is or how much power he has.