Blind au 4/?

Star nervously stroked the dress she was holding in her hands. She was in the middle of picking out what she was going to wear that day when she heard the ringtone she had set for her parents. Now her mother was telling her that her old tutor was going to be replaced with someone else.
"His title is Mr. Toffee, he is one who is highly regarded in the education department. Mr. Ludo's teaching methods were rather outdated, dear."
Star just nodded even though her mother couldn't see her. Ludo's teaching was old and sometimes he would yell at her if she got a question wrong even though at least he was familiar to her. She wasn't very happy to have a new tutor, school, and home all in such a short time. But Star shook off her worries and objections, since they wouldn't do any good against her mother anyway, and thanked her mother as she swiftly hung up the phone on her. Okay, maybe she was still a little angry. Nevertheless, Mr. Toffee would be at the Diaz home in an hour and she needed to get ready. Another thing that bugged her.
"Thanks for the heads up, mom."
Star smelled pancakes and sausage which reminded her that if Mrs. Diaz had enough time to make both those foods then it could only mean that it was Saturday.
"Seriously, thanks mom."
Star allowed herself to slump her shoulders while she got ready for the day. An hour later there was a hard knock on the door.
"That'd be for me!" Star hopped the familiar path toward the door having renewed her positive attitude after a delicious breakfast. Approaching the door, she hesitated when her fingers graced the doorknob, she suddenly felt sick.
"Star?" Marco's voice called from behind her. He had noticed her hesitation. He always noticed the things Star tried so hard to hide. She felt his hand on her shoulder. Suddenly she found the strength to open the door. Seconds seemed to be hours as she waited for the new voice that would be her tutor.
"Hello, I'm Star Butterfly. Are you my new tutor?"
Marco's grip on her shoulder tightened, she wondered what was wrong.
"Miss Butterfly, nice to meet you. I am your new tutor, Mr. Toffee."
His voice was deep and so smooth that she imagined a fish swimming through clear water as he spoke. Star smiled, feeling slightly relieved that his voice was soft at least. Star liked to think that her mother had heard his voice and thought Star would be comfortable with him. She led him to the living room and he immediately started the lesson in reading braille. Star half listened and half investigated. She listened to his voice and heard the floor creak whenever he began to pace. Star eventually gave up, she had no idea how she was going to judge his character when all he did was lecture and pace. Finally the hour was over and he began to pack his things. As he walked out the door she heard his footsteps pause.
"I knew your mother long ago."
He seemed as if he would say something else but then she heard the door shut softly.
"Huh, weird!" She heard Marco say, he had sat at the dinner table the whole hour and spied or as he called it 'worked on his nacho recipe' which Star hardly believed. She wondered how her mother knew Mr. Toffee.
"Yep." She said under her breath. "Weird."