Three Weeks (Teen Fiction) (COMPLETED)

Gravel crunched quietly as Kit crossed the driveway. The sole front porch light cast her willowy shadow behind her as she crept closer to the house. Her footsteps turned mute as she stepped onto the grass. The large two story house before her was dark. When she was a few feet away, she stooped down and grabbed a few pebbles. Rolling them in her hand, she counted windows. Second story, third from the right. She held her breath and let the first pebble fly.

One, tap.

Two, tap.

Three, tap.

All three pebbles hit their mark. Stepping back, Kit watched for any movement behind the window. She was ready to release three more pebbles when a shadow of a person appeared in the window.

Kit waved and motioned for the person to join her outside. The person didn't move. She motioned again. Again, no movement. Pulling out her phone, she quickly typed a message and sent it.

"Repunzel, Repunzel let down your hair."

Kit watched as the shadow in the window was illuminated by a phone screen. It was just enough light to reveal dark eyes, a strong jaw and messy hair. Kit smiled as window was raised.

"Well, this is a first," a husky voice said.

"A girl showing up at your house in the middle of the night?" Kit asked. "I heard differently."

The porch light revealed a shadow of a smirk on the guy's face.

"I see my reputation precedes me. But I don't know you. Thanks for the offer though."

"You don't even know what I'm offering."

The guy paused, his hand poised to shut the window.

"It's two in the morning and you are throwing pebbles at my window," he said. "It doesn't take a scientist to see you're desperate."

Kit chuckled.

"The girls weren't lying about you," she laughed. "But that's not what I'm here for."

"Sure. Let me guess, you just want to talk?" he mocked.

"No, I want waffles," Kit said.

There was a silent pause.

"Do I look like a diner?" he asked.

"No, but you seem like good company," Kit said.

"You don't even know me."

"You're Edison Reigns, everyone knows who you are."

"My mom told me never to get into a car with a stranger," he mockingly argued.

Kit smirked.

"She sounds like a smart woman. I guess it's a good thing I brought my moped."

A slow grin spread across Edison's face and he shook his head like he knew he was about to make a mistake.

"I'll be done in a minute," he said.

Kit smiled at the surprised look on Edison's face when he found her a minute later, resting against her moped.

"I thought you were joking," he said, eyeing the powder blue motorbike.

"I would never joke about a moped," Kit said.

She held a helmet out for him.

"I'm not wearing that," he said.

"Safety first," Kit said, nudging him in the arm with the helmet.