Everything Has Changed Prologue

Disclaimer: I don't own the picture or characters of Vampire Knight, everything belongs to their rightful owners except my character.

Also, imagine the girl in the picture with longer hair, MUCH longer

Everything Has Changed~ Prologue

3rd POV~    6 years ago...

     It was another day in the market. Kaien Cross was doing his normal routine: buying groceries, going to the ice cream parlor for Yuki and the Ramen shop for Zero, and being his usual bipolar self. All was well until something caught his attention.
     "Kick it again! That worthless mutt!" "Freak!" "Backimono!" A crowd had formed on the side of the cobblestone road where some men were beating an object. Kaien approached the crowd curious and saw what they were beating: a young girl. Kaien made his way to the girl as the crowd began to disperse. The girl stayed on the ground, eyes avoiding contact with anyone above her. The once hyperactive man now approached the black-haired female. "Are you alright?" He asked her as he gave her a soft smile. 'I must be sensitive with this child, she has been through a lot by the fear installed within her.' Kaien thought to himself. The girl slowly nodded. Her arm quivered as she reached to take the hand outstretched to take when suddenly a boy with silver hair and cold lavender eyes pointed a gun at her frail frame.
     "...monster." The unknown adolescent spat. The young child had been called things like that, but not how cruelly the boy did to her. She whimpered and quickly  retracted her hand from the two now curious men and sprinted away. "Hey!" The younger of the two called. He suddenly gasped at the sweet aroma that filled his nostrils: blood. The girl was covered in her own from the cuts and bruises that littered her body.

?'s POV~
     As much as my wounds pained me, I had to get away from these people. I bolted away, them unsuspecting of my actions.
     "Hey!" I heard quick footsteps behind me, indicated I was being chased. As I peaked my head around to see who followed, my ankle caught a hole created from a missing stone in the road and twisted the wrong way. I skid across the ground, earning new scratches on the half of my body I landed on. The silverette quickly made his way over to me. I crawled backwards but as soon as my twisted ankle came in contact with the ground, I whimpered. It hurt like hell. By this time the boy caught up to me and kneeled in front. He looked at my scraps of clothing and reached toward his jacket. I leaned back, but he gave me a look of reassurance.
     "It's okay..." he shrugged off his jacket and draped it around my shoulders. I quickly wrapped it around me tightly to preserve the warmth. I hadn't noticed the boy move closer to me until I was picked up bridal style by him. Frightened about where he's taking me I began to thrash around in his arms until I grew tired and blacked out.

Zero's POV~
     "Hey!" I immediately felt bad about calling her a monster and began to chase her down an alleyway. The girl suddenly tripped making me rush to her faster. Even with her injury she continued to try to escape. "You really have been too much haven't you?" I muttered and continued toward her. 'Isn't she cold..?' I reached to my jacket but noticed her tense up. 'My gun.' I realized. "It's okay..." I gave her a reassuring look before taking off my jacket. I set it on her shoulders and she seemed okay because she tightened her grip around it. She didn't notice me move closer to her until I lifted her into my arms. The girl kept squirming, but after a while her movements became weaker until it full on stopped. I realized she fell unconscious. I smiled softly at her sleeping form, something I haven't done since the 'incident.' She gave me a sense to protect her and have her smile like she makes me.
     I emerged from the alleyway where that Cross guy and now his dimwitted daughter, Yuki, were waiting. "Is she aright? What's her name?" Cross continuously threw questions at me.
     "I don't know!" I finally shouted, still carrying the mysterious girl. She suddenly moved her face into my chest and her arms around my neck. My face became red.
     "Why is she even here? Can't we just pretend we didn't see her in the first place?!" Yuki shouted and stomped her boot on the ground.
     I chuckled, "You're mad you're not being spoiled anymore? Shows how much of a brat you are." Yuki shut up at that.
...
     We had cleaned up the majority of the girl's wounds. Yuki was pouting like a baby in her room. The girl's wounds didn't require any alcohol to disinfect, just water on a  cloth. When I finally thought we were done, Kaien and I both noticed a small red spot slowly becoming bigger on the lower portion of her shirt, if it even is that. He quickly slid up her 'shirt' enough to reveal a long gash across her abdomen. Surprisingly I didn't lose control over the smell.
     Kaien turned to me."Zero, I need to get some more bandages and maybe surgical thread to stitch this up. You should start disinfecting that wound." He left without letting me protest know I may not control myself, but something told me that I would be because of her condition. I sighed and grabbed the peroxide from the nightstand beside the bed. I was currently on the bed, next to the unconscious girl. I poured some peroxide onto a rag and began gently dabbing around the large opening. Once I lightly touched where the blood was seeping from, the girl jolted and her violet eyes opened.

?'s POV~
     My eyes snapped open when I felt a sharp pain coming from my stomach area. The boy who caught, no, carried  me earlier sat beside me now, a bottle of unknown substance in his left hand, and a rag in his right. 'He's going to hurt me..!' I thought and backed up quickly.
     "It's okay... I won't harm you... don't worry." He said in a soothing voice. I shook my head and wrapped my scrawny arms around my body. As soon as my arm made contact with my open wound, I cringed and whimpered, I only hovered about the crimson gash. My dark purple hues locked with his light purple ones. Something in his eyes told me to trust him. He once again tried to move closer and this time... I let him.

End of Preview~

Kinda wrote this a while back I want to review it some more, but what do you think?
Let me know if I should post the entire Prologue
~Shy B.