Seven

It began to rain again only a half an hour into the boat ride, everyone rushed into the only compartment the boat had while Mercy and Newt remained outside, sitting where they normal sat. All of Mercy's excitement of seeing her grandmother again soon made her nervous, did she know that her mother was dead? Surly she had too, but what if she didn't? Mercy's mind wondered over to how her grandmother may not be acceptive of her as she had gotten herself expelled from Hogwarts, over a boy. That's what she would say, 'how could you get yourself expelled over a silly boy? You've done it now! What would your mother say about this?'.

The thing was, Alice Hudson, her grandmother was not like that at all. Mercy knew this but her mind has always wondered off into thoughts that everything would go wrong, she had always thought like that since she had been a child, she couldn't help it.

'Mercy? Hello' A hand was being waved in front of the woman's face

'Huh? Oh, sorry"

"I've been talking to your for five minutes and you haven't moved a bit" Newt looked worried

"Oh, my apologies"

"Are you okay?" He asked

The woman nodded eagerly, she didn't want to have another conversation with Newt about her thoughts as it always made her feel a bit uncomfortable. He frowned, he continued to stare at her like he was trying to read any signals she would be carrying, he saw nothing and turned his focus out onto the raging water.

'What is it always raining now?' Mercy asked

'Um, I'm not exactly sure' he chuckled at her sudden weird question

'Do you think it's a sign?'

'How so?' The man asked intrigued

'Ever since we tried to get to New York, sudden severe thunderstorms have began... what if it's a sign? A warning?'

'Like I always say, Mercy, you think to much' he chuckled

'I know I think so much, I don't need you telling me all the time' she huffed crossing her arms

'Does someone need another face hug?'

Mercy looked a Newt and slightly shook her head not what wanting to offend Pickett but soon enough he emerged from Newts pocket at the sound of his famous face hugs and slowly climbed over to Mercy. The creature pulled at Mercy's hair until she was leaning against Newt, the bowtruckle wouldn't let go until he was satisfied where she sat.

'Ow! Pickett, stop!' She laughed trying to remove Pickett from her hair

'What are you doing?' Newt whispered towards the bowtruckle

Eventually Pickett got Mercy's head down on Newt's shoulder and began pulling at Newt's hair until he had joined Mercy.

'People are looking at us like we're crazy' Mercy huffed, she wanted to move from her uncomfortable position.

Then, suddenly she felt one of Pickett's tiny arms touch her face, she smiled as she now knew what he had been trying to do.

'I think he's giving us a hug' she could tell the man had a smile on his face,

'As sweet as Pickett's gesture is, we still do look like idiots' Mercy was smiling too

'Just because we are being forced into a hug in the pouring rain on a boat does not make us look like idiots' Newt laughed

'Whatever you say, Scamander'