The End

Breakfast at the Goldsteins ended faster then what they hoped. Queenie had made eggs, bacon and toast for the four of them, she was excited everyone was getting along again. After breakfast they all planned to shopping before Newt and Mercy's departure, they were going back to England for a few months break.

The cold air hit Mercy like a slap in the face, finally feeling like she woke up she noticed a strange change between Tina and Newt. Mercy suddenly felt uncomfortable walking beside Newt, something she thought was impossible. Walking through various shops, nothing seemed to intrigue her. Queenie brought them to her favourite little shop, in the heart of New York City. It was a cute little shop, various pieces of jewelry and hair pieces hung along a wall. Across from it a self full of little nick nacks and picture frames. Mercy watched as Newt picked up brown wooden picture frame and added it to an empty cart as he separated from the group deeper into the store.

Mercy stood in front of the wall of jewelry, five lockets hung against the wall. Three almost identical gold pocket watches and two different long lockets. Mercy payed close attention to the two lockets on the end, one was black with yellow specks while the other was white with dark floral patterns along the think part of the locket. Mercy opened the both up, they both concealed a circle for a tiny picture. She smiled, her mother gave her a locket when she was younger. The picture contained her and her sister both smiling into the camera while the other side was a picture of her family.

Mercy pulled the black and yellow locket from the wall, she smiled staring down at the piece of jewelry. The colours reminding her of her house colours at Hogwarts and some things she left behind the day she left. She missed the smell of the giant library and all the books, the comfort of her bed and her secret hideout where she'd spend alone when she wanted to escape. She missed the castle and the greenhouse where Professor Sprout who gave Mercy one on one lessons about rare types of plants. She shook her thoughts away as she continued exploring the store, clutching the locket in the palm of her hands.

She caught up with the group at the check out desk, Newt was last in line purchasing the wooden picture frame. Mercy quickly payed for the locket after Newt as they rushed to the docks, the boat would be leaving in half an hour. By the time they reached the docks they only had ten minutes to say goodbye. Mercy quickly said goodbye to Tina as she moved over to Queenie.

'Thank you' Mercy smiled hugging her 'for everything'

'It was my pleasure' she beamed fixing Mercy's glasses

Mercy chuckled 'it was nice meeting you'

'Good luck on your travels' Queenie said

'Good luck with Jacob'

Mercy waved walking away from Queenie and to her luggage, she stopped as she waited for Newt who was still saying goodbye to Tina. Mercy watched closely as a lumped formed in her throat, Newt moved closer to Tina and gently moved a piece of hair from her face. It looked as if he was going to kiss her until Tina quickly said goodbye as she walked away with her sister. Mercy grabbed her luggage and her boat ticket as she rushed onto the boat, sitting at the back of the boat and setting her stuff beside her, she waited to see if Newt would join her.

A few minutes later Newt found Mercy and sat next to her, he smiled digging through his case before pulling out a wrapped item. Mercy took it with a confused look before slowly unwrapping the gift, she placed the wrapping paper in her pocket before examining the item. It was the picture frame Newt and bought from the shop but instead of the black and white photo it came with, Mercy saw her and Newt both smiling and laughing staring up at her.