Seventeen

Tina sat high above a dark mass of water, her face clueless while looking down at her memories. Two employees wearing white watched with smiles on their faces, enjoying killing innocent people.

Another employee grabbed onto Mercy and dragged her forward as more grabbed onto Newt. Mercy began to cry again, finally taking notice of what was actually going to happen. Mercy looked up to get one last look at Tina, her happiest memories turned to her darkest and loneliest as she began to finally struggle in her seat. The other woman walked over towards the edge of the stone and began speaking to Tina trying to convince her to stay  above the water for a few more minutes.

'This won't hurt' the other woman smiled raising her wand towards Mercy's head as Newt yelled towards the lady

'Don't you have to wait for Tina?' Mercy asked

'That's the more reasonable choice but sadly that will take to long and Mr. Graves needs us back upstairs in ten minutes' she chuckled as Newt continued to yell

A pale blue light shot from the tip of the woman's wand, Mercy's mind went blank as she watched the woman shoot it up into the air above her head as a large rectangle formed and her mother appeared.

Her mother smiled down at her five year old self and engulfed her into a hug, she kissed the top of her forehead 'I'm so proud of you' she mumbled bringing Mercy inside to greet her father. He smiled at the two, taking Mercy from her mothers arms, he brought her upstairs and laid her into her crib as she fell asleep.

Now, she was eleven. Her brown hair pulled up into a bun just like her sisters, her mother rushed into the room and placed a letter in front of her. Mercy smiled 'is it an acceptance letter?' Her mother nodded holding onto her sisters hands as her father marched into the kitchen 'happy birthday!' He shouted sitting next to Mercy 'open your letter' Mercy smiled ripping open the letter and reading it from top to bottom. A large smile appeared on her face as she jumped up from the table 'I'm going to Hogwarts! I leave September first' she beamed  as her mother and father engulfed her into a hug.

Her mind went blank as another memory flashed before her eyes. She was sat a table near the back of the room, fixing her glasses she took a sip of her tea. Looking across the room she spotted someone, the boy with the case. She smiled focusing her attention back onto the table as she picked out another book, this one was on Magical Creatures. She looked back at the boy to see him also looking at her, both their faces flushed with pick as they both averted their attention else where.

Her sister was dead, from a sickness Mercy didn't even know existed. She threw the telephone as she headed to class, she sat in front of the boy with the case. Everything blurred as Newt picked up a pin that her sister gave her, gently placing it her hand they both turned back towards the front until Newt introduced himself before Mercy ran out.

He stopped speaking to her, he met a new girl. She had him tied around her finger. Everything blurred again until it showed Mercy sitting alone on her bed speaking to some woman from her home town, her mother had died. She cried for days, not wanting to leave her bed. Her mother was dead and Newt was never going to speak to her again, she pretended it didn't hurt her.

Then something happened. Her worst memory kept repeating itself over and over again. Her mother dying, Newt leaving her. Everything she's ever loved being pulled away from her. Newt telling her he wanted an adventure she could never deliver, it just replayed over and over again.