Thirteen

Once again Tina was dragging not only Mercy and Newt but the Muggle as well. Tina had a plan to keep the three "criminals" at her apartment until morning to turn them in. Tina threw open the door, letting everyone in before quickly locking the door. A woman stood in the kitchen with nothing on but a pink lace dress, Tina glared at her telling her to put something on as she nodding like nothing was wrong.

'Tina, you brought men over' Queenie smiled walking over to the kitchen

'This is Newt Scamander, Mercy Langton and Jacob Kowalski' said Tina helping her sister in the kitchen

'Are you alright?' Queenie rushed over to Jacobs side 'oh your upset you didn't get the loan for your bakery' she frowned

'You can read people's minds?' Newt asked quickly joining the conversation

'Yes, but I have trouble with your kind' she chuckled as Mercy gave her an offended look

'What?' Mercy blurted

'Brits... it must be the accent' she continued to giggle helping Jacob over to the kitchen table 'you haven't ate all day, what do you prefer strudel or pie?'

Jacob opened his mouth but quickly closed it as Queenie grabbed her wand and conjured up a strudel as it floated towards Jacob landing on his plate. Jacob looked amazed as he said thank you, 'are you guys coming?' Tina asked as Mercy looked worriedly at Newt before slowly making her way to the table. She sat down in one of the two empty seats, 'are you coming, Mr. Scamander?' Tina loudly said staring at Newt who had his hand on the door knob 'you weren't planning on abandoning your friend here, were you?' Queenie added with a frown as Newt slowly sat next to Mercy 'we won't poison you' Tina chuckled before taking her own seat.

Jacob and Queenie were involved in conversation while everyone else sat quietly. Mercy couldn't stop thinking about Newt, was he really going to leave her? Was he just going to sneak out and leave her behind with these strangers or did he have a plan? Mercy shook the thoughts from her head she finished eating, she stood up and brought the plate to the sink 'oh no, your our guests! I'll take care of those' Queenie gasped finally taking her eyes off of Jacob, Mercy gently placed the plate on the counter before Tina got up and directed Mercy to the living room.

'This is we're you'll sleep tonight' Tina smiled grabbing a pink blanket off of a near by chair 'the only other room we have is being used by the two men' she added now fluffing some pillows

Mercy nodded and sat down awkwardly as Tina left the room declaring to show the other guests where they'd be sleeping. As it was already late, Mercy laid down on the couch and threw the blanket over her. Staring at the ceiling she took off her glasses setting them on her stomach as she sighed, closing her eyes she began to hum trying to clam herself down as fear ran through her.

'Mercy?' Newts voice rang out into the living room

'Mmhm' she grunted jumping up

'Did I wake you?'

Mercy shook her head looking for her glasses, Newt walked up to the couch and took a seat on the floor.

'Here' he chuckled picking up her glasses from the floor 'why are you so jumpy?'

'We're staying in a strangers home, I don't know about you but my parents always told me not to talk or go home with strangers' Mercy said 'they could want to kill us'

'We need to leave' he whispered

'See!' Mercy said

'No, it's not that' he shushed her 'my creatures are on the lose and us staying here is wasting time!'

'How are we supposed to leave? You already tried when we arrived...' she trailed off

Newt sighed with a frown 'I know and I apologize, I-I'm just really worried'

Mercy frowned 'I promise we will find them, but you really need sleep. You haven't slept in a few days, now that I think of it'

'How can I sleep when there outside, who knows where? There in a foreign land and people can be so cruel' he mumbled

'We will find them' Mercy said 'I know how much they mean to you but there is no way Tina will let us out of her site'

'I have a way, come to the room I'm staying in later tonight' Newt whispered

Mercy nodded as Newt left the room, Tina waltzed in as he vanished into the kitchen. Tina smiled 'would you like some hot cocoa?' Mercy slowly nodded following Tina into the kitchen, Queenie was standing by the counter pouring the brown liquid into five mugs.

'Would you like some marshmallows?' She asked grabbing a bag from the table, Mercy shook her head.

'Would you mind bringing these two mugs to the other guests? Straight ahead on your left' Queenie smiled

Mercy carefully picked up the two burning hot mugs and made her way to the bedroom. Kicking her foot on the door twice waiting for someone to answer, Jacob appeared with a smile 'hello' he said as Mercy walked in setting the drinks on the nightstand. Jacob shut the door and sat on his bed grabbing the mug and taking a small sip 'thank you' he smiled once again. Mercy looked over to see Newt laying on his own bed with an angry expression on his face,

'Are you okay?' Jacob asked focusing on Newt as well

'Where are they?' Newt asked standing up and walking to the door

'In the kitchen, why?'

'Follow me' he said placing his suitcase on the floor and opening it up before walking down into it. Mercy looked at Jacob who looked amazed, Newt came up a few seconds later and motioned for the two to enter once more. Mercy sighed before following Newt down into the suit case.

'Why are we down here?' Mercy asked helping Jacob sit down

Newt ignored her question as he ran to his work space and began throwing things together 'here' he said handing something to Jacob, he took it with a suspicious look on his face.

'It will help with the pain and sweating' Newt chuckled throwing more items together 'we need to get out of here'

'What? Why, their so nice' Jacob said

'You do realize once your feeling better, they will just obliviate you' Newt muttered

Jacob looked towards Mercy with a worried expression,

'He's right, I'm sorry but she really wants her job back and it seems she will do anything to get it back...'

'Er, what exactly does obliviate mean?' Jacob asked

'It's a memory charm, it will erase your memory' Mercy explained

Jacob looked up towards Mercy and Newt like a lost child, Newt nodded walking forward.

'I'm sorry'

'So, I won't remember any of this?' Jacob whispered

'Not one bit of it.'