Eleven

'Who are you?' A woman pushed Newt against the wall whilst walking right by Mercy like she had been invisible. The woman who had now distracted Newt only left the strange man for her to deal with, Mercy stepped forward almost being taken down by Newts suitcase lying on the floor.

The man was yelling but Mercy could hardly hear him over the woman yelling at Newt just behind her, 'what happened? Who are you? What did you do?' The man panicked placing his arms in the air as if he were surrendering to Mercy. 'Please, calm down' she began panicking as well, Mercy had never dealt with anything like this and she was quite content with staying out of trouble.

'How did I get here? How did that man open the vault without actually opening it?' The man would've sounded like he had gone mad to all the passing Muggles minding their own business, Mercy was glad that nobody was going to wander down the dark alley way and see what was happening.

'Sir, sir, it's okay just wait for my friend to explain to you what happened' She pointed to Newt who was still pressed against the wall being questioned

'Why can't you tell me? I want an answer' the man looked like he was going to break down, 'I'm not good at this sort of stuff, just please calm down' Mercy squeaked as her hands became clammy from panicking.

The man looked as if he was trying to calm himself down, Mercy let out a loud sigh in relief  before feeling something hit her forehead. She fell back with a yelp as she pulled her hands onto the sore spot, she looked up to see the man running down the sidewalk with his own case by his side as he yelled 'sorry' before disappearing around the corner.

'Mercy!' She heard Newt say as he ran beside her, 'are you okay?'

'I'm good' she breathed taking her hand away from her forehead, 'it's really red' he frowned placing his hand on the spot. Mercy winced slightly as the woman who had been questioning Newt marched up beside him.

'How dare you let him get away?' She shouted

'Maybe because he hit me in the face?' Mercy grunted standing up, 'I'm sorry that he was scared and wanted to escape! I would've too'

'Did you obliviate him, at least?' The No-Maj with the case?' She shouted again glaring at Mercy

'No, I was to busy trying to calm him down alone because you attacked my friend and he couldn't help!'

The woman ignore Mercy and turned her attention towards Newt, 'what was that thing? Running around in the bank?'

'Oh, that's just my Niffler' Newt smiled picking up his case and giving it a pat, 'he's harmless'

'And, what was your Niffler... doing in the bank?' Her eyes were getting wider and wider by the minute, she looked like she was going to explode.

'He may have, kind of... gotten loose' Mercy mumbled staring at the ground

'Got loose! I'm taking both of you in' she gasped grabbing ahold of Newt and Mercy, 'a magical creature running around in a bank full of No-Maj's! How could you be so stupid!' she shook her head as she dragged Newt and Mercy out from the alleyway.

'Where exactly are you taking us?' Mercy asked

'I work for the Magical Congress of the United States! You are in violation and I must take you in'

Mercy stayed silent for the rest of the journey to her nightmare, she kept feeling her forehead trying to ignore the lingering pain and listen to the woman only questioning Newt once more. They entered an older building which was disguised as a regular shop until everything began to change. Two staircases formed in the middle of the room with a giant elegant chandler handing from the ceiling in between the pair. Mercy watched in awe, this place was one of the most beautiful buildings she's ever been in, besides Hogwarts of course.

The woman dragged the pair up the stairs and into an elevator already waiting for them, they entered as they were greeted by a creature standing in the corner of the tiny box.

Little did Mercy and Newt know, they were being dragged into a situation much bigger then the two of them.