Fifteen

An hour of trying to catch the beast called an Erumpent and no such luck. Newt had just about caught the beast until Jacob was curious enough to smell the liquid and spill it all over him. Next thing Mercy saw was the large Erumpent charging after Jacob as he ran as fast as he could in the opposite direction. Mercy chased after the two while Newt clumsily tried to pick up his case in a hurry only causing him to trip onto his arse. Mercy ignored his yells of 'be careful' and rushed after Jacob, Mercy finally caught up to the two to find Jacob hiding in a tree. The beast hit the wood and the tree collapsed in flames as Mercy pulled out her wand and pointed it at Jacob, the only think Mercy could think of doing in that moment was getting Jacob to safety and she wasn't a good thinker under pressure.

She pointed her wand at Jacob, ignored his screams for help and what are you doing? She yelled 'Wingardium Leviosa!'

Jacob only levitated a few inches above the frozen ice, Mercy frowned and stuck her wand back into her pocket as she heard Jacobs footsteps heading the opposite way. Mercy heard Newts yells in the blur of everything else, she again raced after Jacob while continually sliding and falling on the ice. Newt managed to get in front of her and charge at the Erumpent, sliding on the ice and a giant beast half sticking out of his case, Mercy was surprised how nobody was noticing the commotion.

'Watch out, Mercy!' Newt yelled

'What are you doing, move!' Jacob screeched

Mercy turned, wondering what they were taking about as she saw why they had been giving her a warning. Hurtling towards her was Newt and the beast, sliding to fast on the ice there was no chance of them stopping. Mercy went to run but only tripped again, she could hear Newt yelling and Jacob trying to run forward when a great impact hit her whole body. The beasts foot dug into her stomach and the other hit her head, she screamed still trying to get away until she beast struggled as half its body was disappearing into the suitcase. One last struggle from the beast with one last punch at Mercy's head, the beast had finally entered the case, Mercy laid on the cold ice as warm liquid trickled down the side of her face.

'Mercy!' She heard Newt yelp as he slide towards her

'Oh my goodness' Jacob muttered joining Newt

'Mercy, can you hear me?' Newt yelled

Mercy grunted feeling her head 'there's so much blood' Newt mumbled placing his hand over the wound

'Mercy, what's my name? Who am I?' Newt spoke softly not wanting to scare the woman

'N-Newt' she muttered wiping some blood from her eye

'I'm so sorry, I can't believe- I-I should of told you to stay back'

'I'm f-fine' she gave a faint smile

'No your not, there's blood everywhere and your so pale' Newt said trying to pick Mercy up

'N-No, the grounds cold and it feels nice' she whispered wanting to stay glued to the ice, it felt nice against her burning skin.

'Jacob, bring my case under the bridge and get in, leave it open' Newt said as Jacob scrambled off into the distance and Mercy shut her eyes

'Is it numb? Your head got hit rather hard and y-your bleeding quite a lot' Newt panicked again trying to pick Mercy up

'I'm fine, Jacob' she muttered

'I'm not Jacob' he said picking her up and walking towards his suit case

'Oh merlins beard, your Newt' she giggled feeling her head once again

'It hurts' she whispered as tears stung her eyes

'I know it hurts but you've got to fight through the pain'

'I'm tired' she muttered

'Do not go to sleep!' Newt yelled entering the case and rushing down into the office space, Newt pulled out his wand and a small bed appeared as he gently placed Mercy on top.

'Go close the lid, please' Newt said rummaging through a bunch of potions and bandages. He pulled out a small purple bottle and a long sheet of white fabric, approaching Mercy quickly he sat down beside her and began wiping up the blood from her forehead. Once cleaned he applied the purple liquid as the wound began to heal instantly, he wrapped the remaining clean fabric around her head as a soft snore escaped her lips. Newt smiled, she was still alive.

'Why couldn't you just magic up a remedy?' Jacob asked

'Because they wouldn't work on a wound that deep'

'What was that purple stuff?'

'I'm not quite sure what it's made from, I forget it's been ages since I've made that one... all I remember is that it's a healing potion' Newt said holding onto Mercy's cold hand

'Why did you rush her here if you knew she'd be fine?'

'Because if she died back there before I could get her here, the potion wouldn't work' Newt frowned

'But can't magic-' Jacob began

'Magic can't bring back the dead' Newt snapped as a tear slowly rolled down his cheek.