Chapter 2: Everything is Fine.

"They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight."
- One Republic, Let's Hurt Tonight.

Prince Christian walked down the halls of the Palace of Silvetotia, the guards on his back. He was well aware of the fact, that nothing about this meeting was going to be pleasant or civilized.

He had waited too long, longer than he could accept.

He stopped in front of a set of large, white double doors. He knocked twice, before he heard the King of Silvetotia.

"Come in."

The doors were opened, and Christian walked in. The King was standing by the large window in his room, his back to his son. The sun shone bright into the room.

It was always bright over here in Silvetotia. It was blessed enough to not be going through any kind of the severe Winters.

The other two Kingdoms totally deserved what they had gone through.

The King turned around, and something about his white hair had always seemed scary to him. It was true, his father was the only person who intimidated him on this entire planet.

It was in the way his green eyes were full of pride, and deprived of any kind of warmth. The King now raised his head, his lips turning up into a smirk.

"Your Majesty." Christian said, bowing down.

"So I see my son, at last." His smile grew, as he walked forward until he stood in front of him. The King moved his hands up and cupped his son's face, "How have you been doing?"

"Good." Christian said simply, and the King sighed. He then walked back to where he had been standing.

Something about the King's expression was always sad, whenever he looked at Christian. He could never understand fully, why it was that way.

Maybe he sympathised with him. Maybe he thought that Christian was still going through whatever had happened nine months ago.

No doubt the latter was entirely true.

"I heard about the newly captured woman." The King said, and Christian frowned.

As if Christian could forget her. Her eyes had been so dark, they were the nearest shade to black. And the combination with white hair... it had been dangerous. She had looked dangerous, but in a challenging way.

Dangerous was always challenging for the Prince.

"Yeah." Christian sat down on the sofa, resting back, "I have yet to work on her."

"Are you sure you want to waste your time on it?" The King frowned, folding his arms over his chest, "It's not like everyone walking a mile around the palace would be a spy."

"No." Christian set his jaw, "I don't want to do anything unless I'm sure about it."

The King knew better than to argue with him over things like this. After all, he was his son.

"Isn't nine months a time long enough for you?" Christian said, coming straight to the point. The King looked up slowly.