Chapter 25: Delirious in Love.

"The most dangerous sicknesses are those, that make us believe we are well."
- Delirium, by Lauren Oliver.

He strained his eyes against the sunlight that flooded the room, he had no idea what time it was. For a few minutes, he struggled to remember where he was. What was going on.

The sheets over him didn't seem familiar, nothing did. But then he registered the scent of roses, wrapped all around him. Slowly, he came to realise everything.

He was perfectly aware of how he was tangled in the sheets with her. How her palm was flat on his bare chest, her hair splayed across her face. The sunlight shone over the bare skin of her arms, and for a minute, he just stared in awe.

Slowly, everything started coming back to him. Each and every detail of what had happened last night. It became so overwhelming that he had to close his eyes and try to breathe normally.

He had decided that he wouldn't talk her into doing it tonight. He was already aware of the fact that she'd solely agreed to the wedding because of him, but he wanted to give her time to think.

But then she'd looked at him like he was all she ever wanted in that moment. Her complete focus was on him. Who was he kidding if he thought any amount of self control would've worked?

And then came the rush. How it had been almost unbearable every single time they'd touched. Skin against skin. It had never felt like that before.

Why?

Because when they'd physically combined, body against body, it wasn't just that. It had felt like their souls had moulded together, and become one. It felt like they could rule the whole world if they were together. It was in that moment that he'd felt like he would get through anything.

It was the purest thing he had ever experienced in his life, and the one thing he had thought was that, this was how it was supposed to be. This was what it was supposed to feel like.

The way she'd whispered his name against his skin, like a prayer. It had felt insane. He'd lost track of every thing, the only thing he knew was her. His only focus was the space between them, and how he didn't want any of it to exist at all.

"Sebastian"

He looked beside him, and saw her staring up at him. A soft smile was lighting up her face, and he had never seen her happier than that, ever. It affected something so deep inside him, he felt a tear streak down the side of his face as he smiled back at her. She supported herself on her elbows and kissed the tear away.

"This was beautiful." She whispered, dropping a kiss on his forehead, "You have no idea, how beautiful it was. Thank you."

"Are you okay?" He said, looking over her. She seemed fine, as she shifted over to completely face him. She blushed when she pulled the sheets further up, and he couldn't help but laugh.

"Shut up, asshole," she said, shoving him away, "This is new for me."

"Hadn't seemed new last night to me, love." He winked at her, and she threw a pillow on his face.

"If you keep making fun of me, I'm not letting you in my bed." She smirked up at him, "Behave, or else no love for you."