Chapter 15: Tears and More Tears.

"Cause a light came on, when I heard that song. And I want you, to sing it again."
- James Arthur, Can I Be Him.

She slowly opened her eyes, squinting at the sun that was shining brightly into her eyes. She blinked several times, and then looked around.

She was in her room, in her bed. When had she fallen asleep?

And then everything came back to her. Sebastian.

Adela had cried herself to sleep.

She looked away, closing her eyes. She had seen this happen before, and it was happening again. All of it. Everything she had feared was happening.

History was repeating itself.

Sebastian had looked at her as if he didn't know who she even was.

As if he'd forgotten everything.

He was gone, and now Adela had no idea how to bring him back. But this wasn't even the worst part of it all.

She had no idea how much he had gone through, how much he had suffered. And it was scary to even imagine what it would've been like.

Three knocks on her door, and she jerked in her bed. Then cleared her throat.

"Yes?" She said.

"His Majesty is expecting you to eat breakfast with the family, Your Highness." A female voice said from the other side of the door.

Adela sighed. Then she asked the servant to come in and quickly dressed up. Didn't really change the fact that she was a total mess, inside out, but she guessed she could be excused for it. It must be normal, no?

She was escorted down the halls, to the Royal Dining Hall, and as she entered, she saw everyone look up at her.

The King and the Queen, as usual, were at the head of the table, while Edgar and Lydia sat on the other side. They all smiled at her.

She just offered a broken smile, that was all she could manage. She sat down in a chair, next to her father, directly opposite to Edgar.

"How are you feeling?" The King asked, and Adela nodded.

"I'm doing great." She said, looking down at the plate. Her eyes drifted up, where Edgar was looking at her with concern in his eyes.

Are you okay? He mouthed as her father engaged in a conversation with her mother, and she almost broke apart. Edgar was still her very own brother, still the one who could see right through her. Lying would be of no use.

No. She said, and then looked over at Lydia. She offered her a small smile, and she remembered what Lydia had said last night. What had she done? Adela was still so confused, but she just couldn't shake this feeling of closeness to her.

Whenever she looked over at Lydia, it was as if she was looking at a friend. A friend she had never really had.

The servants served the food and Adela was just pushing everything around the plate when the door to the dining room opened and Adela went still.