Chapter 23: Hope is a lie.

"I've been told, I've been told to get you off my mind. But I hope I never lose the bruises that you left behind."
-Bruises, Lewis Capaldi.

It seemed like all the oxygen had been sucked out of the air, as she started moving towards her Prince. One step after the other, each bringing her closer to the person who had been the purpose of her life till now, and will now be her future.

It was sad, she wasn't going to remain the Princess of Archensheen anymore. She was going to be the Princess of Larcbost, wife to the Prince. With it came so many responsibility, the biggest one actually coming from Sebastian.

But she tried not to think about it, as her eyes locked with his. His eyes were glistening, which made her want to cry too. Maybe she was, she couldn't know. Wasn't paying attention to anything but him.

Her chest felt like bursting, because her heart was beating way too hard. But he nodded,once, and that was enough to make her believe everything was going to be fine. For now.

Way too soon, but too late, she was at the steps of the raised platform, over which Sebastian was standing. She saw him move towards her, extend his hand, and hold on to her firmly as she took the steps up, then standing at his level.

His eyes met hers, again, and she knew how much he needed this. Needed her. Needed this connection to someone, anyone at all. And she was more than willing to help him get through the hardest stages of his life. He didn't leave her hand when they stood in front of the Priest, facing him.

Sebastian's hand brushed the ring on her finger assuredly as he took in a deep breath.

The Priest nodded at the both of them, and recited some words in the praise of God, that were spoken in all the weddings around the Kingdoms.

Sebastian then turned to completely face her, now holding both of her hands in his. His grip was firm, and she could see that Sebastian wasn't as steady as he was pretending to be. But she realised, that she was doing it for her. A redemption for his actions, for what he had made her go through.

He wished to make it as easier, and as beautiful for her as it could be. She was trying her best to do the same for him, but the happiness she saw in his eyes was almost blinding.

"I love you, Princess Adela Elizabeth Ashburnum, as I love no other." Sebastian began, his voice so full of emotions, "All that I am I share with you. I take you to be my wife, through health and sickness, through plenty and want, through joy and sorrow, now and forever."

A  rebellious tear streaked down her cheek, and she did not wipe it, just so she could keep his hands in hers.

The vow indeed, was beautiful. Each word woven together so perfectly, it was a promise. Promise for so much more than she'd ever wished for. He raised his chin a bit, indicating that she wasn't just supposed to stand there and watch the show. She cleared her throat.

"I love you, Sebastian Charles Avington VI, as I love no other." She began, but her voice broke, and she heard him suck in a breath, but she went on, "All that I am I share with you. I take you to be my beloved Husband, through health and sickness, through plenty and want, through joy and sorrow, now and forever."

There was silence, and then the Priest smiled, looking at the both of them.

"I thereby pronounce you both as each other's husband and wife." Turning to Sebastian, he said, "You may now kiss the Bride."

Sebastian had kissed her a million times, but it felt like all the veins in her body were going to explode because of how fast her heart was beating.

He kissed her lightly, so lightly it felt like feathers on her lips. But the kiss was still firm. Sebastian knew exactly how to speak with no words, and she did not deserve him.

Breaking apart, she looked into his eyes that were twinkling. Behind all of the happiness, was the burden of all the things he was going through, everything that was slowly killing him.

His problems were hers now. His sorrows were hers. She was going to take his burdens on herself, share it with him.

And the thought made her nothing more than happy.

He stumbled backwards, out of the room, barely being able to stand on his own feet. He leaned against the wall, staring at the open door of his Father's chamber.

The King of Silvetotia had just committed suicide.

All this time, Christian had been so wrong. He'd thought his father was cold, hard. He'd thought he could go through everything.

But when he was seeing no way to take his revenge, he decided to become a coward.

Christian hadn't realised he was crying until he felt the tears on his face, fresh, streaking down his cheeks. In a matter of seconds, his world had been turned upside down.

The guard remained station beside the King's room, looking down, but he was trembling lightly. He looked up then, at the Prince, who was not really a Prince anymore.

He blinked, hard. Maybe this was all a bad dream. But soon, he realised it wasn't. This was anything but a dream.

"He's dead," Christian whispered, looking around the hall, but there were only some guards around. He knew they'd heard him the first time, because they all sucked in a breath. But he said it again, just to make himself believe, "The King's dead."

There was quiet in the hallway, but then he saw Katherine, coming around the corner. Her face was white, all the blood drained. He knew he looked somehow worse.

But her large, shaken eyes met his, and he realised she was the only person left on Earth, whom he cared about. Even though his heart was still with a Princess who would never accept him, never be his.

Katherine was the only thing holding him down to the ground.

But slowly, the guards of the palace started to gather in the hall, in front of him. Until Christian was looking at nothing but people dressed in silver, shiny armour.

They took the large caps off their heads, revealing all of their faces. And one by one, all of them fell down to their knees in front of him.

He could practically feel the fear, the confusion and the lost hope radiating from them, as he heard their knees hit the ground, one after the other.

And then, slowly, Katherine fell to her knees. His head bowed down, and she wouldn't look up.

That's when he realised, he couldn't have her by his side either. He had no one, because of what had just happened.

"Your Majesty."

They all spoke in unison, and he could still pick out Katherine's soft, afraid voice. He held on to it, despite everything, and then closed his eyes.

When he opened them again, there was only one voice in his mind; King. He was now the King of Silvetotia.

A/N: I'm SUUPPEERR addicted to Dusk till Dawn, I mean there's no limit to how proud I am of Zayn. :')

Apart from that, yeah. I have a feeling what I have planned for my babies isn't smth you'll love, but hehe...

We reach 15K!! Can I cry? XD

Love y'allll, xoxo.