Chapter 14: Live Again.

"Cuz you know that I can't trust myself, with my 3 a.m. shadow. I'd rather fuel a fantasy, than deal with this alone."
-Troye Sivan, Talk Me Down.

Katherine sighed, as she picked a rose from the bushes, trying to stay away from the thorns. The Royal garden was too beautiful, she couldn't have ever imagined being somewhere so beautiful just about a month ago.

But now she was here. And despite she had other things to do, all she did was roam around in the garden all alone.

Well, she didn't have a choice now, did she? Ever since that encounter with the Prince, it had been a week, and she hadn't heard from him at all. Hadn't seen him.

He had given her a task, but it felt as if he had disappeared in the middle of nothing. And then she was left like this.

She knew she shouldn't be feeling this. Shouldn't be worrying about this in the middle of everything that was going on, but she couldn't help it.

Had she pushed too far?

Yes, he was a Prince. He might have seemed strong on the outside, almost unbreakable, but was he really? Had she done something that really affected him?

She closed her eyes. This was the last thing she should have been worried about, but she just couldn't stop. She had even roamed around the Palace, just to see if he was around.

Not that she thought he'd really want to see her. She just...

What was she doing?

Don't distract yourself.

She knew there were more important things. Things because of which she was here in the first place. Things that will help her get back to Ella.

"Picking roses, I see."

The voice almost made her jump, but she whipped around, and there.

There stood the Prince right behind her.

She let out a breath that she didn't know she had been holding. He seemed alright. Totally organised, as always. In all of his perfection.

They hadn't lied when they had said how breathtaking the Prince was.

His green eyes shone so differently in the sunlight as he approached her.

"You're here." She said, shaking her head.

He frowned, "Well, of course I'm here. It's kind of my own Palace."

She rolled her eyes, but turned around. At least she was assured that the Prince was okay.

She couldn't ever forget how broken he had looked back in that night. How he had seemed like a totally different person.

She didn't want him to be that person. That person was almost too fragile. And she couldn't handle that.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing your face after a whole week, Your Highness?" She said, and she heard him chuckle. But he was now beside her, matching step with her step.