Chapter 7: The Beauty's Poison.

"We've got our wild love, raging, raging."
- Kygo ft. Kodaline, Raging.

Edgar hadn't realised how much he hated not having something in control until now. Until this very moment, now that he had to face it.

He was sitting there, right there. But only he knew how helpless he felt. How he was willing to burn everything down if need be, only to wake his sister up.

Did that make him a bad person? No.

Adela was the one thing he valued the most in this world. Had valued her his whole life. But right now, there was nothing in his mind. Nothing he could do to bring her back.-

-Princess Lydia stood by the corner of the hall, watching Edgar sitting outside Princess Adela's room, his back resting against the door. His eyes were shut tight, while his head was tipped back. She might've thought he was asleep, except, the tense set of his shoulders let it clear he was anything but asleep.

Tension marked every part of his body, but Lydia didn't have the courage. The courage to do anything.

Lydia still remembered the time she'd totally broken. The time her father had disowned her like she had meant nothing all along. She hadn't been aware of anything at all, it was as if the time had stopped. It was as if she was trapped with her own misery, the time she realised she'll never see her brother again.

The time she had realised that his brother and father probably hated her the most.

That was the time that Edgar had been by her side. Now, looking at him, Lydia knew exactly what he was going through. She understood his situation better than anyone in the Palace.

But she was just standing there, watching him sit there still.

The doors to the room began to open, and Edgar leapt to his feet in less than a second. The doctor appeared, closing the door behind him.

"Is she better?" Edgar asked nervously, but his voice was breaking. She had never seen the Prince so vulnerable before. It felt wrong that her eyes were seeing him this way.

"I'm sorry." The doctor said quietly, but those were the two words that made his shoulders slump. His face fell then, his eyes closed.

"I'm going to study this poison a bit more," the doctor was quick to add, "I'm sure I will find a cure. I will."

The Prince nodded, and dismissed the doctor. He walked quickly down the hall and disappeared.

She saw Edgar stand there for a while, running his hand through his hair once. He muttered something under his breath, and then dropped down against the door yet again.

Sebastian sat on the floor against the door now, all the energy sucked out of his body. It seemed like everything he was seeing was in black and white.

The rage was so strong that every now and then, his vision would blur. Sometimes, he'd go dizzy. His hand trembled as he placed it against the door with all his strength and banged at it, as hard as he could, which wasn't much.