Chapter 6: My Humanity.

"Come take my heart of glass, and give me your love. I hope you'll still be there, to pick the pieces up."
- Kygo ft. Labrinth, Fragile.

"Prince Ed- Prince Edgar... Please, have patience."

Is this a nightmare? Is this a nightmare? Is this a nightmare?

Patience was the last thing he could have when his sister was lying unconscious on the bed. He was walking around the room like a crazy person, running his hands through his hair. He rubbed his hands over his face.

"You can help, Your Highness." The doctor tried again, patiently, "You were the one who saw her the last time. You have to tell me."

Edgar stopped. Sucked in a deep breath which seemed to scorch his lungs.

Please be a nightmare.

"I... was with her, yes. And she had been perfectly fine. She hadn't even been sick." He started walking again, "I don't know what happened. The guards found her unconscious in the training room long after I'd left."

Edgar then looked up at the doctor who was standing by the bed. Adela was lying over there, her eyes shut. It almost seemed like she was sleeping. He could almost imagine that everything was fine. He fought tears.

"Have you... have you found anything? What's wrong with her?"

The doctor shook his head slowly, and then walked towards the side table. He held up a tube, containing red liquid. It was blood, probably a sample of his sister's blood.

Everyone in the room was still. Edgar looked beside him to see the King and Queen of Archensheen, standing in a corner. They had clasped each other's hands tightly. Both of them seemed to be paralyzed, their faces filled with worries.

"I've taken a sample of her blood, but this..." He trailed off, then gulped in, "I found poison in her blood."

The world stopped.

Edgar stammered back, until he was leaning against the wall. He felt like his knees were going to give up on him. He looked around the room, but there was nothing. Nothing that could make him feel better.

"H-How is this p-possible..." He stuttered.

"But this is a kind of poison I have never seen or heard of before." The doctor shook his head again, "It has taken its toll. It was made to affect the person to a great extent, but it doesn't kill the recipient. Not... really."

The doctor looked over at Adela, "I need to know more about this poison. I need to study it, and only then can I do any treatment on her." When he looked over at Edgar, his eyes held sympathy, "Until then, I'm not sure when is she going to gain consciousness."

"No." Edgar growled, getting away from the wall, "Aren't you a doctor? You're supposed to wake her up, and I'm not letting you go unless you do."

"I'm sorry, Your Highness, but-"

"I said NO!" Edgar shot forward, and his sight was clouded by rage and anger. He knew he was going to do something he'd regret, but he couldn't let someone tell him that his sister was unconscious for an unknown amount of time. He was all kinds of dangerous, all kinds of feral. Every ounce of self control had slipped. He had to do something-