Chapter 5, New Friend

Lucy's Pov, 

I was thrown into some type of dungeon. It was dark, cold and wet. You could only see parts of the place as there was some sunlight coming through the cracks above us. The dungeon had to of been underground. Sol was smirking at me on the other side of the cell. "You are in much trouble now Lucy" Sol laughed playing with his moustache as I just glared at him. "You are the one who is in trouble once I get out of here Sol" I soon snapped as he just laughed at me. He soon went into the earth vanishing once again.

"Threatening them huh?" a female voice asked as I turned around to see a girl sitting at the back of the cell. The sunlight through the cracks mostly over her. She had amber-colored eyes. She had moderately brown hair which extended down her back and was  tied up at the back. She was wearing a traditional Indian sari designed with a primarily scarlet color scheme while framed around the side with a yellow, white and orange pattern-like design and a white choli worn underneath.

"I don't want anyone like that seeing me weak" I only replied as she looking at me her eyes widening slightly as I was confused. I followed her sight to see that she was staring at my necklace. "Where did you get that?" she soon asked as I leaned backwards onto the bars on the cell as I put my hand on my necklace key. "My mother gave it to me, to my memory I have had it since I was born" I answered honestly as the girl got up making me look at her. She put her hand on her own necklace.

I noticed it was a stone with a phoenix image over it. "Do you know what that key means? What you really are?" she soon asked staring right at me. There was a mix of worry, hope and fear in her eyes. I shook my head no. "You are the Star Priestess well the daughter of the Star Priestess who died saving this world. She and the Priestess of water used very powerful magic to save us all but in the process you and the daughter of water went missing" the girl soon explained as I stared at her shocked.

This sounded like some anime manga or TV show. "I am Eclair the Priestess Of The Phoenix" this Eclair bowed before walking up over to me. "I had given up hope of your return Lucy Heartfilla" she soon spoke smiling at me as I felt like I was about to choke on the air in shock and confusion. She knew my name? How did she know me? "I once worked with your mother, please let me teach you how to unlock your magic and about who she was" Eclair grabbed my hands as I could tell she was about to beg.

"You knew my mother?" I only asked as she nodded. All I remembered about my mother was her looks. She looked just like me from my memory. "Teach me everything and about this Priestess Of Water, Juvia is here to" I soon spoke as I could hear my own excitement in my voice. "She is?" Eclair had full joy and hope in her eyes as she was smiling. "I will teach both of you everything like I did with your mothers" Eclair spoke as she then pulled me off the bars of the cell and moved me behind her.

"Fire Of Destruction" Eclair chanted as the bars of our cell burst into black flames. I stared shocked as the bars slowly melted onto the ground. "Why didn't you escape before?" I soon asked as she was here before me. I wasn't sure on how long but if she had this power to get out... "I had no hope left in me. My job in this world is to teach and guide the Priestesses but knowing you and Juvia are alive... I won't fail you both" Eclair only answered grabbing my hand and started running, dragging me along.

We headed up some stairs to see the prison was right next to a huge building with a strange symbol on the side of the building. "Phantom Lord's real base the one Fairy Tail tried attacking is their fake one" Eclair soon sighed as she knew what was going on? Wait Fairy Tail? Wasn't that the people Juvia was forced to fight? Eclair started running once again dragging me with her as we headed into a dark forest. Soon I could alarms and loud noises coming from the Phantom Lord base. 

"They know we are out, we need to reach the temple fast, there we can heal your shoulder" Eclair spoke as I turned my head to look at her. "Alright" I only replied as I was questioning myself. I felt as if I could trust Eclair, I felt as if I knew her from somewhere. Could I really trust her? Than again this world has things like magic and things called guilds. It just reminded me of anime but somehow this was all real. Juvia and I was stuck in this 'Earthland'. I had to get as much knowledge and power as I could. 

I had to find a way to get me and Juvia home. 

I had to protect my best friend.

Meanwhile, Juvia's Pov, 

That guy called Loke vanished into gold dust while the three people known as Natsu, Erza and Gray were trying to explain to Juvia what my key meant. Juvia didn't understand much and didn't pick up on much also. Juvia wasn't the best at remembering or learning. That was what Lucy was good at. All Juvia picked up on was that Juvia's and Lucy's mother's were powerful Priestesses who protected this world. Juvia found out that our birthmarks on the back of our necks meant we had 'soulmates'.

Juvia then found out her 'soulmate' was this Gray. After that Juvia explained what Lucy's was and with that Juvia found out that it meant she was Natsu's 'soulmate'. Juvia was very confused about this world. "What did you mean with the darkness on Lucy?" I soon asked looking toward Erza who had worry in her eyes. "Darkness had taken over this land a year after your mother's died saving us all. With this darkness it could attach itself onto people who could be affected with a black heart" Erza started to explain.

Black Heart? Lucy would never have that. Lucy was the nicest person. Lucy was always there for Juvia and always helped anyone she could. "Sometimes people who control darkness try to turn people with infecting them also but with this darkness if not healed in time they could turn into a type of demon or monster under the control of the dark forces" Erza soon then explained as Juvia got more worried for Lucy. "We have to save Lucy" Juvia spoke her hand shaking as Gray put his hand on Juvia's shoulder.

"We will. We have mages who can help her darkness infection and we have powerful mages like us who all want Phantom Lord destroyed" Gray soon spoke some reason making Juvia feel better. Juvia only nodded as she wondered what Phantom Lord did to Gray and his friends.