Chapter 14, Sea Life

Lucy's Pov, 

After splashing each other Juvia grabbed my hand as we went under the water as I saw what she meant by the water being so clean. Juvia's eyes glowed slightly as she lifted her hand a blue glow coming around her as I was in some shock holding my breath as Juvia was soon breathing under the water as she was laughing slightly. Erza swam over toward us both as Juvia made me and Erza have slightly blue glow as soon after we was able to breath under the water too. "Juvia loves this" Juvia nearly shouted as Erza smiled.

"Water Mages have this power to breath under water and let people they trust do the same" Erza soon explained to us as we both nodded as Juvia let go of my hand looking below as Erza and I followed her eyes sight. "A water temple?" Erza asked in some shock as Juvia swam toward it. "Juvia" Erza and I called swimming after her but Juvia was much faster in the water. She was once the top swimmer back home in our old high school. Juvia loved to swim so much. I knew she wanted to stay here.

I knew she really did but I myself was unsure. This whole magic deal....it aint me. I am that annoying comic nerd who loved working as a chef and was a writer wannabe. We all got outside the temple to had a herd of different types of fish swim past the three of us. They was moving pretty fast. "They seemed scared" Erza spoke as she made a harpoon gun show in her hands getting ready for a fight as Juvia was looking at the wall of the temple looking at the markings as I swam over seeing them.

"Does Lucy understand these? Juvia knows Lucy is the best with this" Juvia asked as I had a small look as Erza shouted for us to not to move. Juvia and I turned our heads slightly to see two giant sharks swimming fast at Erza who swam up only just able to move away from the shark who tried to eat her whole. "Erza-San!" Juvia shouted worried as Erza shot a harpoon into one of the sharks backs getting both to turn around fast coming at her. "OPEN THE TEMPLE" Erza shouted as I turned to face the door rushing through.

Skimming over most of the text as somehow I was able to understand it all. It was a type of riddle about sea gods. "Should be this one" I spoke pressing the trident marking getting the doors open as I lifted my hand up in a cheer as Juvia laughed toward me. "ERZA WE GOT IT OPEN" me and Juvia shouted turning around as one of the two sharks were heading out way. Swimming faster than before as the other shark kept Erza busy as she was unable to hit it. "LUCY! JUVIA!" Erza shouted worried as Juvia swam in front of me.

"Juvia won't let anyone harm her friends" Juvia moved her hands forward a giant blue seal showing up in front of her a a tornado in the water came flying out going into the shark that got sucked up into it. Erza kicked the shark she was dealing with into the tornado as it kept going onward through the ocean. "Juvia that was awesome" I spoke as the seal vanish and she sounded out of breath turning her head smiling toward me. "Juvia only thought what Lucy would do" Juvia replied as I laughed.

Erza swam over reloading her harpoon gun. "There could be more they are pack sharks they had to of been scouts way to small of a pack for their kind" Erza spoke as Juvia and I nodded as Juvia grabbed my hand and swam ahead bringing me along shocking me slightly. We swam through the temple to see images of what looked like a war. We all was looking around in wonder as a small while of swimming we was outside two giant double doors. "Something is in there moving "Juvia spoke confusing me slightly as Erza moved forward opening the doors.

Three giant octopus tentacles came out the door grabbing me, Juvia and Erza. We was pulling inside to see a giant angry octopus as Erza got armor plates on her arms show up as they had spikes all over them. The octopus let her go from pain slamming Juvia into the wall at the same time. "JUVIA!" I shouted worried as she was knocked out. I was glad she still had the blue glow around her. I heard whispers in my head like before when summoning Loke. "GATE OF THE WATER BARRIER, AQUARIUS" I shouted as a seal like Juvia's showed up in front of me.

Erza was pushed into the wall hard by the octopus as a mermaid came out the seal making it vanish as I was in some shock. She looked like a royal blue mermaid. She had a long, blue fish-tail, light blue hair that reached up to her waist, and a large bust. She had blue eyes that seem to have no pupils. She was wearing  a revealing dark blue bikini top and on each arm, she had a golden armlet and bracelet. Aquarius also had a headband, three piercings on her tail, and a golden belt at her waist and light blue crystal earrings. 

A dark blue tattoo resembling the Aquarius zodiac symbol rested right under her collarbone. She was holding a light blue colourful theme urn in her hands. I felt slightly weaker after calling her hear as she looked toward me. "Let me get this straight blondie I am only here to help you as your are Layla's daughter. You ever summon me when on a date with my boyfriend and I will crush you understood?" she asked harshly as I saw she meant her words as I nodded. She looked toward octopus that let me and Juvia go and swam back.

It looked scared out of it's mind seeing the Aquarius spirit as I was too weak to move as I sunk toward the ground. I saw Juvia starting to wake up holding her head as Erza was slightly out of breath holding her bruised right arm. "I promised Layla with all the other spirits to protect her daughter when she finally came home to us, her family. So ugly you better scram" Aquarius snapped nearly shouting the last part as the octopus listened swimming out the temple fast. Aquarius. I dunno why but it felt as if I knew her already.

"LUCY!" Juvia swam over to me fast as I was on the ground taking deep breaths as I sat up finally feeling the energy to move. "Looks like it takes a lot out of you to summon one of the strongest spirits" Erza spoke swimming over as I rubbed the back of my head. "Remember what I said idiot girl" Aquarius nearly shouted before she vanished. "I wondered if this is what Eclair meant" Erza soon whispered thinking as I noticed a chest at the end of the room. "Juvia" I spoke pointing to it.

Juvia turned her head to see it along with Erza. They helped me swim over to it as we opened it to see three bracelets. One was blue with shells on it as Juvia picked it up right away smiling toward it. One was red with what looked like tridents on it getting Erza to pick that up smiling toward it also. The last I picked up that was golden with stars, a moon and a sun on it. "Juvia feels like this place was waiting for us three" Juvia spoke smiling putting on her bracelet as Erza put on the one she was holding.

"These temples can sense the people inside it must of made these as rewards for living through the sharks and octopus" Erza spoke as I placed mine on as the three glowed slightly as we then started swimming heading to the temple exit.