Chapter 16, Thoughts

Lucy's Pov, 

It was night, nearly everyone was asleep. Erza was at the wheel of the ship keeping us on course as I looked toward the necklace I was wearing, my hand going on it. Myself and Juvia were born in this world. I was unsure on how to act. I wanted to go home. Juvia wanted to stay. I didn't like the idea I had. I was going to let her stay here. She was safe with Gray, Erza and Natsu around. I myself couldn't stay here. I had a home, a job, a life. I didn't want to leave all that behind. I hated that idea. "Lushie?" I heard Happy's voice.

I snapped out of my thoughts to see him floating in front of me. "Sorry Happy kinda was thinking" I spoke moving my hand off my necklace my hair blowing in the wind as Happy landed on the bar of the ship I was leaning on. "What is Lushie thinking?" Happy soon asked as I knew everyone wanted me to stay also. Part of my heart wanted to stay also but the rest of me disagreed. "Home" I answered honestly as I looked toward the water. "I kinda miss working at the cafe, having the smell of bacon cooking every morning" I then smiled slightly.

Happy asked if they cooked fish at the cafe and got all excited when I answered with a yes and laugh. "I cooked it myself most of the time, I also enjoyed writing books and reading comics" I spoke losing the smile on my face from speaking to Happy. I missed home. I missed the normal life not filled with such danger and well evil. "Lushie wants to go home?" Happy asked as I nodded. "Life was just more simple back there, here I am confused of why am I even here or born" I explained.

"You are here because this was once your home" Eclair spoke behind me as I turned my head to see her walking over, standing next to me. "You was born here, your mother never wanted you to take over her place, she wanted to be the one to go to the temple, she wanted to teach you different types of magic, she wanted you to grow up with her by your side" Eclair spoke smiling at memories playing in her head as I looked toward the water like she was. My mother.......wanted me here.

"Even now I hated myself for going back on her wishes but you are the last with the great power of healing" Eclair soon spoke as I nodded slightly understanding. I knew if I understood so would my mother. Eclair informed me I was basically just like her. "Juvia wants to stay here, with Gray but my own heart cannot make up it's mind" I soon spoke as Eclair looked toward me as Happy looked at me slightly confused. "I want to stay to be with her and keep my promise but I want to go home so bad" I soon explained.

"That was to be expected Lucy, you might of been born here but you grew up knowing nothing" Eclair replied getting me to look toward her. "If you wish to go home I can send you home afterwards like I have said. Juvia wants to stay yes but wants to be by your side" Eclair then added on as I hated the fact I would hurt her heart by leaving but it would hurt my own staying. "Kinda wish never came here in a way, not to be mean to anyone you are all so great but my heart wouldn't be tearing itself apart otherwise" I soon spoke standing up straight.

I took a deep breath. "I want Juvia to be happy here but I don't want to leave her. I want to go home but Juvia would be sad for life afterwards" I then spoke looking at the necklace again, putting my hand on it. "I don't know what to pick" I whispered as Eclair put a hand on my shoulder getting me to look at her once more. "Thoughts, feelings and actions. All are true struggles indeed but as much as you care for others you must also care for yourself. Important choices are always the hardest but please think them all through there could be more choices you haven't thought of yet" Eclair spoke before walking off.

I was shocked by her wise words but they made so much sense. 

Meanwhile, Juvia's Pov, 

Juvia heard everything what Lucy and Eclair talked about. Lucy was struggling in wanting Juvia to stay happy and herself. Juvia understood. Juvia knew she was thinking about letting her stay here and she go home. Juvia moved to her bed sitting down on it. Juvia's thoughts wondering on what she should do. She wanted to help Lucy. She wanted to be there for Lucy. Juvia didn't want to leave, she was so happy here. Juvia knew Lucy had put so much on hold or thrown away for her. Juvia knew that.

Juvia knew Lucy always put Juvia's happiness first. "Juvia wishes, we could make up our minds" Juvia whispered laying backwards her eyes closing slightly. "Juvia doesn't want Lucy to struggle or be in pain" Juvia whispered falling asleep, unknown what was to come.