Chapter 3

HP

Harry woke up extra early this morning so he could cook his relatives they're meal. Slowly sitting up, Harry groaned in pain from the beatings he took yesterday, also from the new cuts he placed on his wrists.

Quickly putting on a hand-me-down long sleeved shirt and jeans, he quietly made his way out of the cupboard.

Yes, the cupboard. Vernon had moved Harry back into the cupboard for 'bad behavior', but Harry doesn't get how it was bad behavior. All he had done was ask for food because he hadn't eaten in days. After moving him back into the cupboard, he got a broken nose. This had happened three days ago so it was still making his face numb with pain.

Harry shivered at the memory and quickly got to making the breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, grits and the fruit they make Harry serve that they never eat. He sighed in frustration. They never eat the fruit and still they starve him, saying there is no food.

Exactly one hour later, Harry heard the elephant herd of his uncle and cousin running down the stairs. Quickly putting the last of the breakfast onto the table, he got out of they're way.

Uncle Vernon glared at Harry as he and Dudley sat down. Harry quickly avoided the look and started cleaning up the dirty pans. Harry heard his Aunt Petunia make her way to the kitchen and sit down. They all stuffed they're faces with the food Harry couldn't eat.

After Harry was done with the kitchen, he sighed in relief and started to walk back to his cupboard. "Freak! Get your ass in here right now!" His uncle yelled. Harry's heart stopped as the voice filled the house.

He quickly made his way into the kitchen. When he got there, both adults were looking at him. No, glaring. Harry gulped, expecting a punishment to come soon.

"Am I in trouble sir?" Harry's weak voice says. Vernon quickly slapped his face, violently.

"You do not speak unless spoken to, boy! Am I clear?" Vernon yells.

"Yes sir..."

"I called you back here to tell you that Dudley, your Aunt and I will be leaving for America in half an hour and will be back in two weeks." Vernon says, taking a sip of his coffee. Harry looks at him with furrowing eyebrows.

"But sir, why was I not told to pack for this or even told about this at all?" Harry asked. Vernon glared at him sharply for speaking out of line again, but explained.

"Well because your not going of course. There will be a few days worth of food in the fridge so save it wisely. You may be alone for two weeks but you will not be aloud to have free reign of your diet. You are not aloud the AC or to leave this house."

Harry takes a second to take in everything that's happening and nods his head. All of a sudden, Vernon grabbed him by his collar and pulled him closer.

"I mean it boy. If you are not here when we arrive back home then you'll be dead before you can say I'm a freak."  Vernon's voice says in a heavy tone and pushes Harry to the ground. Harry could hear Dudley laughing and Petunia chuckling.

Harry kept a straight face and placed his hand on the counter, pulling himself up. But as he pulled himself up, a glass that had been sitting on the counter  was knocked over by Harry and shattered into pieces on the floor. The kitchen grew quiet as Harry gazed down at the pieces of glass.  His face had changed from calm to fearful. Before he knew it, there was a punch to his side, knocking him back to the floor. Harry let out a yelp of pain. A kick came to his stomach this time.

Harry knew this was his Uncle doing this, but he knew not to fight back. Harry could tell he was yelling but couldn't hear him due to his head spinning and his vision blurry. One final blow to the head was all it took to knock him unconscious on the glass shards.