Chapter 12

(Hello my fellow Potter-Heads! A little self update, pic above is me while writing this chapter. Hope you guys enjoy!)

HP

Severus patted Harry's leg gently and stood up, walking off to make some tea. Harry had found that the couch they were sitting on was actually quite comfortable. He took this time to take in his new home, his eyes making their way through the room. The ceiling was quite high and the walls were painted a dark shade of green. A big chandelier hung off the ceiling. Harry's eyes started towards the rest of the house, the parts he could see at least. There was a black staircase leading to the second floor and candles placed on the wall every ten feet, lighting every foot of the house.

"It isn't much but it's home. I hope you like it here Harry." Severus came back from the kitchen with to cups of warm tea in both hands. He handed one to Harry and sat down next to him. Harry was still in awe of how big the house was. 

"This house is amazing Severus! It's beautiful... I love this so much more than living in my old cupb-" Harry cut himself off and his eyes dropped to the floor. "I-I mean my old house..."

"Harry," Severus set his tea on the coffee table in front of them and placed a hand on Harry's shoulder. "Your past living conditions was not a 'house' and are certainly far from a 'home'. Do not be afraid to open up to me, alright? I know I'm not your real father but I would like to become it. I care about you and don't want to see you hurting anymore." 

Harry looked back up to Severus and smiled slightly. He took a sip from the warm tea and set the cup next to his Professor's on the table. He sat back against the couch and glanced down at his arm. The scars that covered it turned his slight smile into a sad frown. He suddenly got the urge to cut again, after not doing it for so long. He hadn't even thought about doing it until not because he'd been with Severus. Harry began to scratch his wrist subconsciously, not even noticing a certain black-haired Slytherin trying to get his attention.

"-arry? Harry!" The boy snapped out of his daze and jumped slightly. He looked up at his guardian and muttered an apology. Harry then noticed the burning of his wrist and looked down to find his hand carving it. He quickly stopped, hoping Severus hadn't seen. He looked down at the floor once again. "Harry."

"Y-yes Severus?" Harry responded quietly, eyes still fixed on the floor. Before he had time to react, a warm hand grabbed his wrist gently and pulled up his sleeve. Harry didn't even try to resist, knowing there'd be no point. "We need to work on this issue Harry. You need to talk to me, please child. Now tell me, what's on your mind?"

Harry felt numb. He didn't know how to respond to his guardian other than answering him directly. He sighed and prepared himself for Severus's reaction. Tears began to well up in Harry's eyes and a lump formed in his throat. He tried to hold himself together to look strong though. "I... I just, have t-the urge to... cut myself again. I haven't d-done it since... since...."

Severus suddenly hugged the boy tightly and let him cry into his shoulder. It had startled the boy at first, but he broke down and let everything come out. Severus gave comforting words to Harry softly into his ear and rubbed his back. After a while, Harry fell asleep exhausted. Slight snores sounded from the boy and Severus smiled sadly. Picking him up bridal style, Severus walked up the stairs and into Harry's new room.

He set Harry on the bed and covered him with a blanket. Severus took off his glasses and set them on the bedside table, silently swearing to remember to buy Harry a new pair. The boys current ones were rapped with tape on the sides.

"Get some rest child." Severus then leaned down and kissed Harry on the head softly and walked out of the bedroom, leaving the door cracked open, to prepare dinner.