Chapter 15

SS

As the two  walked through the fireplace inside the leaky couldron, Severus made sure to hold the boys hand tight incase he accidentally flooed somewhere else. After making sure the boy wasn't halfway across the world, they walked outside to the chaos of the crowds walking in and around the many shops. Severus pushed up his fake glasses and cleared his throat.

"Well let's get started, we need to get you some new clothes, leisure items, glasses..." He said looking around for their first shop. Harry just stayed quiet, knowing not to object anymore. The two made there way to their first designated shop meant for Harry's clothes and shoes. As they walked through the front doors, Harry had forgotten that these were wizard shops. The appearance of the building from the outside betrayed the true size. He just stared in awe at the many isles of clothes.

"Alright Jared, I want you to look through this shop and pick out 5 pairs of pants, 10 shirts, at least 1 pairs of shoes, some under garments and some socks. Don't worry about the size, we can change the sizes when we get home." Severus explained to the boy. He knew that if he didn't basically order the boy to get certain amounts of clothes, he would only bring back a couple outfits all together. Harry nodded, understanding. The boy knew that if he didn't bring back enough clothes to satisfy the adult, they'd be here all day.

For the next hour, the two laughed and bonded as they rounded up all the things Harry needed from the store. The boy eventually got over the fact that Severus was spending his money and took everything he was told to get and a little more. After they checked out, they were both carrying many bags and laughed about it until Severus shrunk them, putting them in his pocket.

The next shop they made their way to was a toy shop. Harry didn't wait for Severus to say anything, as he immediately started looking at the potion setups for kids and the quidditch brooms. Severus smiled sadly at the sight of the 13 year old running around. He knew Harry had never really had toys, knowing where he used to live. The man regained his thoughts and quickly bought everything the child took interest in.

---------------

It was late in the day when the pair finally got done shopping. To an outside eye, many would say that he was spoiling the child for buying so many things. In reality, he was trying to help mend the broken childhood the boy had.

"How about we get some ice cream before we head back? I believe we should still have time before the disguise spell wears off." Severus suggests and squeezes Harry's hand. Harry looked up at him with wide eyes and nods excitedly. Severus smiled sadly to the boy and they began walking to the ice cream shop. He could tell that the boy had probably never had ice cream before. The two walked past all of the magical shops with a light, comfortable conversation about potions. Severus gazed down at the boy in awe, he had no idea the kid new so much about potions.

HP

"Here we are. I used to come to this ice cream shop when I was your age. Do you know what you want?" Severus asked. Harry's smile dimmed slightly and shrugged. Severus smiled sadly and nodded. "Alright. You wait here and I'll surprise you, how about that?"

Harry nodded excitedly and sat at the table they stopped at. Severus pats his shoulder and walks up to the window to order the two their ice cream. Harry watched him from the table in wonder, then to the people walking past. Harry had a smile on his face, he couldn't wait to try the ice cream.

Harry noticed that everyone who walked past him looked unique in their own way. Some people had crazy colored hair and some had wild clothes on. But most of them were laughing and talking amidst each other. He's always liked this place, it felt like home.

Harry's eyes fell upon a man and his son across the marketplace path. As he watched the two, his smile faded. The father was grabbing the shoulder of the son, yelling. The child was crying and asking to go back inside the store for a toy. Harry unintentionally focused on the grip the father had on his son and the loudness of the man's voice.

Memories of uncle Vernon flooded back to Harry all at once. Memories of Harry being grabbed by the shoulder and being thrown into the cupboard. Memories of uncle Vernon yelling in his face, his sour spit being blown in Harry's face. Memories of being thrown onto the floor by his uncle and being kicked by his aunt. Before Harry knew it, he couldn't breathe. His throat closed up and tears ran down his face. Harry threw his hands up to his ears and stood up with such force that it knocked over the chair he was sitting on. Then, he ran. A voice behind him called for his name but he ran. He didn't do anything wrong. He didn't want to be caught! He did his chores and made dinner. Why was he being punished?

Get away! Please! Get away uncle Vernon! Leave me alone! Don't hurt me!

He didn't know when he fell to the ground. He couldn't breathe. Harry sat on his knees, kneeling forward screaming and crying. The tears fell and hit the dirt-covered ground as he pleaded for help.

SS

Severus had just grabbed the two ice cream cones when he heard the sound of the metal chair hit the ground. The source of the sound was the chair Harry previously sat in.

"Harry!" He yelled out to the boy running up the alley. Severus dropped the freshly made ice cream and ran after him. People got out of the way of him as he ran. He tried to stay right behind Harry as he dodged families and children but was left with following the sound of crying. "Harry, wait!"

Severus stopped in the middle of the cobblestone walkway and looked frantically around for the boy, yelling out his name in a panic. Why would he run off like this? What had caused him into such a panicked state? Severus' head shot to the left as he heard the echoes of screaming and crying from a darker alley. He ran to the source of the noise to find the boy, on his knees hyperventilating.

"Harry!" Severus exclaimed with relief and knelt down to touch the boys shoulder. Harry flinched back violently and pushed himself into a brick wall.

"P-please uncle Vernon! Don't h-hurt me!" Harry screamed, his breath raggid.

((I'm alive guys! Long chapter, I know. It took me a while to get back into writing but hopefully i can continue to update.))