Chapter 13

SS

Severus had worked up a small meal for the both of them to have, deciding not to have a house elf do it. He needed time to think about his situation. Severus knew he loved the boy as his own and he knew that the boy feels the same way but had no idea how to coach Harry threw it. Sure he's endured other children who has self-inflicted wounds but Harry's case was different. Every other child Severus has helped in his Slytherin house self harmed from low self esteem. Harry, he was abused. He was raised from a toddler to think of himself as weak. He wasn't aloud to fight back. Every other child Severus helped usually stopped after talking to him but Harry still wants to.

Severus set down two bowls of soup on the table. He then looked at the clock above the window and estimated Harry had been asleep for about an hour. He signed and sat down in one of the chairs, putting his head in his hands. 'How do I help him? How can I get him to stop this ghastly threat? I want him to grow up to live strong, not forever in fear of himself.'

Before he knew it, a tear dropped onto the green-tinted table clothe. Severus was crying. He cares so much for this boy. For several minutes, he cried. He cried his heart out to the boy before wiping his eyes with his black sleeve and standing. He has to stay strong, for Harry. Pushing in the chair and making sure everything was set for dinner, he heading up the stairs to wake the teenage boy. Step after step, slowly making his was up whilst making sure he didn't look like he'd cried. Finally coming up to the door to Harry's new room, he cracked it open to find the boy peacefully sleeping. Severus smiled slightly and walked to the side of the bed, sitting down. Lightly touching Harry's shoulder Severus said, "Harry. Harry, it's dinner time."

The boy began to stir and finally his green eyes opened slowly. Severus grabbed Harry's glasses off the nightstand and handed them to the sleepy boy who's just sat up. "Come now child, it's time for dinner. I've prepared soup for the both of us."

Harry looked flabbergasted as he checked the clock of the wall, finally becoming awake. He then looked back at the long haired man and exclaims, "I'm sorry Severus! I didn't mean to sleep in that-"

"Shh, don't apologize child. I'm the one who brought you to your bed to sleep. It is okay. Now, let's get downstairs and eat dinner while we discuss our plan for tomorrow. Alright?" Severus assures. Harry smiled slightly. "Okay."

----------------------------

Back downstairs, the two were almost done with their meal and were talking plans of tomorrow. Severus had stated that he needed to go buy more ingredients for potions and was telling Harry he should come also. The man brought up a few things Harry was short of or needed. Clothes, glasses, washroom utilities and stuff to pass his time. Harry looked shocked. "But Severus, you don't have to buy me all those things. I surely have enough money in my vault to pay."

"Harry, I want to buy you these things. I do not want you to use up your money on things you should already have. So we understand?" Severus says and smiled at the boy. Harry sighs and smiles back at him. "Well, okay. Sorry, I'm just not used to this yet."

Severus stood up and made his way to Harry around the table. Without hesitating, the man pulled Harry into a warm hug, in which the boy welcomed greatly. "It is quite alright my boy. I want you to be comfortable and happy alright? No matter what Harry, I will not let anyone else hurt you ever again. I love you so much."

Harry squeezed tighter and smiled. "I love you too dad."