Chapter 10

SS
Severus looks down at Harry seemingly conflicted about asking him the question. He could feel his palms start to sweat slightly as he formed a fist. Surely Harry Potter wouldn't want to live with the greasy bat of the dungeons, would he? He glances up and could tell that his emotions were worrying Harry. The young Gryffindors eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes quickly averted away when they had made eye contact. Severus could hear a light sigh released from the boy.

"It's okay, you don't have to say it. Once I am healed I will return to my relatives house without any complaint. I'm sorry I was a burden to you when you saved me Professor." Harry reluctantly says, fidgeting with his hands. He didn't look up to Severus's face, although Severus wished he did. Pure shock spread across the older mans face. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. Harry thinks he's going to send him back to that hellhole?

"Harry, no! I would never send you back there! They are vile human beings that hurt a child beyond imagination. That is not what I want to discuss with you nor will it ever come to that." Severus exclaimed quickly and worryingly. "You're not sending me back? But I have no other family. Besides, no one would ever want me. I'm just a frea-"

"No. You are not a freak Harry, do not ever think of yourself that way. They were lying to you all these years. All they did was lie to you. And about your living arrangements. I, in fact, would like for you to live with me. I would like to become your g-guardian, Harry." Severus cursed himself silently for stuttering. He wanted to be confident for this discussion, but that had failed. The longhaired man was snapped out of his thoughts by a soft sob. Severus's head shot up to look at Harry, who had tears in his eyes.

'I made him cry... I'm so stupid, why would he want to-'

"Of course!" Harry exclaimed. Severus stared in shock at the boy as his mouth hung open a bit. "Really? Are you sure child? I know I'm not the best person but I've realized how much I care about you and I want you to live a better life, better than those muggles."

"Yes, yes, of course I'm sure! I-I hate them so much a-and, you're the first person to truly c-care to help name!" Harry stuttered as he smiled. Tears fell from his eyes and dropped onto the bandages wrapped around his wrists. Harry then shot up and wrapped his arms around Severus. He was frozen in shock for a second before hugging back, letting the boy cry into his shoulder.

"I promise you child, I will keep you safe no matter what it takes. You are safe."