Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN - LILLY'S P.O.V

A maelstrom of grey swirls within cerulean rondures invades the blackness behind my closed eyelids. Pink borders of a mouth curve up into a sly smile manifesting deviousity and amusement. Chocolate strands of luscious hair lay forgotten and untouched. Protruding hairs scatter across unblemished skin, the stubble being an implicator that the person who's skin it protrudes is indeed a man.

It's him, that I envisage when my eyes are closed. Every attribute of his pulchritudinous face is what I see. It's him, that I feel when my eyes are closed. His warm palms flat against my back, my body being close to his, tingles surging through me, and his soft lips touching mine is what I sensate. It's him, that I hear when my eyes are closed. His euphonious and mellifluous voice resonating in my head, reminding me of how our kiss was nothing but an aberration is what echoes in my ears.

Thirty-five days. Thirty-five days have gone by since Mr. Stevens kissed me, yet I can't seem to get that blunderous kiss out of my mind. I can't seem to get him out of my mind. He consumes my every waking thought. My mind has been plagued with constant thoughts of him and even in dormancy he manages to infiltrate my mind and pervade my subconscious.

"Lilly!" Two fingers snapping in front my face wrench me from my thoughts. "You weren't listening were you?"

"Sorry." I apologize, knowing that it's futile for me to even pretend that I have been listening to whatever it is that Audrey and Brit were talking about.

"Were you thinking about him, again?" Brit asks quietly, her eyes scrutinizing my face as she does so.

"Of course not." I lie, shaking my head and trying my best not to divert my focus from her green eyes.

"You can't bamboozle me." She sits up straight and crosses her arms over her chest. "You're lying. Sometimes when you lie you either nod or shake your head as you lie. And I know that look you had on your face, it's the same look you've had for the past four weeks."

"What look?" I ask incredulously.

"Whenever you're thinking about Mr. Adonis your eyes get wide and your lips part ever so slightly. You get this sort of dazed look." Her face contorts into a dazed expression, causing me to groan.

"The fault is not mine. I can't get him out of my mind." My head drops in my hands, my fingers lightly digging into my scalp.

"As I said a month ago, you need a distraction. This infatuation you have with him will only progress as time perseveres." Audrey's words are nothing but mere reiterations.

"There is a reason why I haven't had a boyfriend since eigth grade. There's three types of people in this school: the religious freaks who carry around a Catholic Bible all day, the pretentious and grandiloquent asses who don't talk to anyone who's not considered rich, and last but not least we have the spoiled rich kids who think that they can do whatever they want just because their parents pay thousands of dollars for tuition. And guess what? I despise them all."

"Absolutely accurate." Audrey throws her head back in laughter. "I won't argue with you there. This school is full of snobs."

"Exactly." A tremendous sigh escapes my mouth. "There is no one to distract me."

"Have you forgotten about Sean Anderson?" The corner of Audrey's lips curve up at the mention of one of the most egotistical brats at Notre Dame.

"He is the perfect example of an inadequate distraction. All he does is aggravate me." I grimace at the memory of him trying to kiss me against the lockers.