Chapter Fourteen

(A/N) WARNING: Uhm, there is a lot of use of profanity in this chapter so if curse words offend you or make you feel uncomfortable, I'm sorry.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

CHAPTER FOURTEEN - LILLY'S P.O.V

My heart hammers against my chest as unmitigated consternation is triggered by the sight of my teacher, at this party. It takes my mind a few moments to process the anger emitting from Mr. Stevens' eyes, his gaze truly daunting.

"W-What are you doing here?" I attempt to pull my arm out of his grasp but his grip tightens ever so slighty, the action an unspoken warning.

"You're coming with me." His voice, which is usually smooth and temperate, is now astringent as he releases my arm, only to wrap his hand around my wrist and pull me away from the house. My subconscious takes me back to that day in the hallway when Mr. Stevens grabbed my bicep and pulled me back to the classroom, his voice as angry then as it is now.

"What are you doing?" My voice comes out impuissant, powerless even. Every ounce of aggression I have seems to be oppressed by my utter bewilderment at his unsolicited presence and his questionable actions.

"I'm taking you home." My brows corrugate deeply as we approach a sleek Chrysler 300, the sky crepuscular as Madness by Muse plays forebodingly in the background. The passenger door to the black car is yanked open and my wrist is liberated from his grasp. "Get inside."

"No. I am not getting in a car with you." I hiss, my aggression bursting through the walls of it's oppression. "I want you to tell me what the hell you are doing here."

"I'll answer your questions if you get in the car, Lilly." The sound of my nickname coming from his mouth is like a breath of fresh air. My nickname and my curiosity are discerningly used against me, and if I didn't know any better I'd say he was manipulating me.

I have no reason to trust him, I have no reason to get in the car, but he said he'll answer my questions, and I have plenty. My conscience is screaming at me, telling me not to be stupid but my subsconscious is grinning at me, eager for answers to her many questions.

"Fine." I climb into  the passenger seat, the door closing behind me as I tug at the seat belt and buckle myself in, analyzing the exquisite interior of the car. The other door opens as Mr. Stevens climbs in and slams the door closed before putting his seat belt on. A small smirk plays on his lips and I momentarily wonder if he's pleased with my acquiescence.

Butterflies congregate in the pits of my stomach as we drive away from Sean's house. As we perdure down foreign streets, I suddenly remember that we're in Calabasas and that it's going to take at least twenty minutes to get back to Sherman Oaks. Fucking hell.

The first thing I do is pull out my phone from my boot and unlock the screen, sending a text to Brit to tell her that someone is taking me home and that I'll explain the details later.

"What are you doing?" Mr. Steven's asks curiously,  though I can hear a drop of worry in his tone.

"Just taking a few precautions in case I go missing and what not. I'd like my friends to know that I was kidnapped by my teacher." I roll my eyes, putting my phone back in my pocket after Brit tells me to be safe.

"By law, kidnapping is the abduction or transportation of a person against that person's will. I'm not forcing you to go any where."

Smart ass.

"Whatever. You said you will answer my questions, so you can start by telling me what you were doing at that party." I cross my arms over my chest, looking at him as he takes one hand off of the steering wheel to run it through his smooth hair.