02

CHAPTER TWO
in which, flick finds people

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

Flick groaned painfully as she opened her eyes. Touching the back of her head, she winced and saw blood. "Shit that's not good."

A low creaking sound cut into the silence of the clearing. "Oh my God!" A blonde girl stood before her.

"Hi. I made it?" Flick asked, pulling herself out of the pod, and stripping the large suit off. Flick was left in some black jeans, a dark red top, and her boots.

The blonde girl nodded, watching Flick hold her hand out and look up at the sky. "I dreamed it would smell like this. Is this rain?"

"Welcome home," she smiled. A boy came through the clearing and approached them.

"Flick, you're bleeding," Finn said, starting to rip off some cloth from his shirt.

She shook her head. "I don't care, where's Charlotte?" Before Finn can answer, Flick stumbled, nearly falling if Finn wasn't quick enough to catch her. He led Flick to a large rock and sat her down.

Finn wrapped his jacket around Flick's shoulder after noticing her shivering. The blonde girl passed Finn an makeshift ice pack, and he gently held it to Flick's forehead. The blonde girl nodded to the side, signaling she wanted to talk to Finn privately. Finn nodded and gently took Flick's hand and replaced his with hers to hold up her ice pack.

Flick tuned out their conversation, instead taking in her surroundings. Tall trees, with big green leaves. Rocks, fresh grass, and flowers. Lots of flowers.

Finn approached Flick again and leaned down in front of her. "This is Clarke, she was on the drop ship too."

"Clarke? Shit this is all because of your mom!" Flick quickly stood up and walked over to Clarke. "This was all her plan. We were trying to come down here together. If we waited–"

Flick's eyes widened and she frantically made her way to the pod. "Oh fuck. We couldn't wait because the council was voting whether to kill three hundred people to save air."

"When?"

"Today. We have to tell them you're alive," Flick said, pulling the door up and open again. Her eyes trailed to where the radio once sat, now empty. "Damn!" she shouted, slamming her fist against the pod. "It must've gotten loose during re-entry. I knew I should've strapped it to the A-strut. Stupid!"

Clarke shook her head and placed a hand on Flick's shoulder. "No this is my fault. Someone got here before us. We have to find him."

The trio split up, Finn going one way while the girls went the other direction. They didn't make it far before Clarke spotted the guy and hurried after him. "Hey! Where is it?"

"Hey, princess. You taking a walk in the woods?" He asked her, a slight smirk in his face.

Flick stepped closer and got a good look at him. Well fuck me gently with a chainsaw. He's hot. Flick tuned out Clarke's rant, no on purpose, she just couldn't stop staring at the man before her.

Finn jogged over and shoved the man backwards. "Bellamy, where's the radio?"

"Bellamy Blake? They're looking everywhere for you," Flick said, leaning against the nearest tree and smirked. Everyone turned to face her.

"Shut up."

"Looking for him, why?"

Flick made direct eye contact with Bellamy, her smirk widening. "He shot Jaha, not that I'm complaining, but everyone else is pissed."