07

CHAPTER SEVEN
in which they blow up a bridge

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

The next morning, a group wandered through the Exodus ship crash site.

"Clarke shouldn't be out here," Finn said to Flick and Bellamy.

"Her mom was on the ship. She's looking for answers. You want to help her, find me the black box, hard drives, anything that will explain why this ship crashed," Flick snapped before walking off on her own.

Itw as safe to say she was still pissed about the grounder meeting.

"Stay sharp. Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when," Bellamy shouted to the group of delinquents that came with.

"Oh!" Clarke almost stepped in pink liquid.

"Clarke, stop!" Flick shouted, causing her to look back at the dark-haired mechanic. Flick carefully hurried over to her, and stared down at the pink puddle.

"Rocket fuel?" Clarke questioned, looking at the pink liquid.

Flick dipped a rock into the pink liquid. "Hydrazine... Highly unstable in its non-solid form. If this stuff meet fire, we're all pink mist."

Bellamy watched her in admiration, she was beautiful and smart. He was beginning to regret what he said about killing her if he had the chance.

"Fire in the hole!" Flick yelled, throwing the rock into a fire down a small hill. The rock caused an explosion on impact, causing everyone to instinctively take a step back while a smirk curled its way across Flick's lips. "We need to clear the area," she said to Bellamy after seeing more Hydrazine near the group.

Bellamy nodded and turned to address the group. "Okay, then. We move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot. We got to get back before dark."

The group made their way back to camp, keeping an eye out for grounders on the way. When they walked through the gate, a delinquent approached Bellamy and said that a 'Murphy' was back. That he hit the trip wire so they brought him into the drop ship. Flick was completely lost on who this 'Murphy' person was, but she did know that Bellamy was pissed, which made her feel pissed.

"Where is he? Everyone but Connor and Derek out! Now!" Bellamy yelled.

"He claims he was with the grounders," Derek said. "We caught him trying to sneak back into camp."

Murphy muttered something about running from the grounders, and Flick raised an eyebrow in return.

"Anyone see grounders?" Bellamy snapped. They both shook their heads 'no'. "Well in that case--"

Bellamy raised his gun but Finn stepped in front of him, "Hey, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"We were clear what would happen if he came back," Bellamy snarled, glaring intensely at Finn.

Finn shook his head and rolled his eyes. "No. If he was with the grounders, then he knows things that can help us," Finn insisted.

"Help us? We hanged him. We banished him, and now we're gonna kill him. Get the hell out of my way," Bellamy raised his gun again.

Clarke kneeled next to Murphy, "No. Finn is right."

"Like hell he is. Clarke, think about Charlotte," Bellamy snapped.

Flick immediately stepped forward, "What the hell does this have to do with Charlotte?"

Bellamy looked from Flick to Clarke.