09

CHAPTER NINE
in which murphy gets revenge

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

"Miller! Careful where you're hitting! Wouldn't feel very nice if you blew an arm off!" Flick shouted at the delinquents.

Currently, the delinquents were setting up the land mines she made with Jasper. So far, everything was going according to plan.

"Come on. Those foxholes aren't gonna build themselves. Better hope those land mines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades," Bellamy turned to face Flick after directing the delinquents who were't setting up the land mines.

Flick threw a glare at Bellamy. "You want to come over here and test one?" She asked dryly.

"Cute," Bellamy sarcastically laughed. "I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field." Bellamy turned to walk away.

"Hey," Flick stepped in front of him. "I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning.

Bellamy rolled his eyes. "And I told you, nobody leaves this camp." He turned to walk away again but she grabbed his arm, forcing him to face her.

"I'm talking to you. We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn," Flick snapped at him.

Bellamy opened his mouth to say something; however, a gunshot interrupted him. "Whoa! What the hell was that?!" Miller yelled.

Flick followed his gaze to Sterling, who looked to be half asleep. "Hey," Bellamy shoved his way towards the teen. Flick immediately followed him. "What the hell is the matter with you?!"

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day," Sterling looked genuinely scared. Poor kid.

"We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder!" Bellamy shouted at the delinquent.

Flick placed her hand on Bellamy's arm and he turned to face her. "Bell, you're scaring people."

"They should be scared! That bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone! Probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!" Bellamy shouted at the delinquents.

Another one of his "inspirational" speeches.

Everyone immediately gets back to work, and Flick noticed Jasper go into the drop ship. Bellamy followed after him. If they're about to fight, then I'm not being apart of it.

Flick turned to the delinquents and started ordering them around again. Looking back at the drop ship, she saw Bellamy exit, and Murphy enter. Flick met Bellamy at the water tent, where they stood in silence. After a moment she turned to face him. "How's Myles doing?"

A voice crackled over his walkie before he could say anything. "You know what'll happen to me if you tell Bellamy." Murphy.

Bellamy grabbed his walkie from his pocket and pressed down on the button. "Tell Bellamy what?"

"Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles." Jasper rushed out. Flick's eyes widen. Shit.

Bellamy and Flick ran to the drop ship when the door began to close. Bellamy punched the door and screamed some harsh curses at Murphy. "There has to be a way in. Like a back entrance." Bellamy turned to Flick.